C4 Forums | Control4

Lights problem on Wakeup?

AidenL

15 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

No problem, you're welcome. I can offer remote programming services too for anything you can't to in HE.

15 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

No problem, you're welcome. I can offer remote programming services too for anything you can't to in HE.

I will most likely take you up on that, you are only across the water! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running into the same problem.  Seems like there should really be an easier way to do this.  The beauty of the old WakeUp agent is that you create a generic scene, and then it applies to whatever room it's executed in.  However in my situation, I have the same scenario as Aiden.  Our master bedroom has ceiling lights, a main ceiling light, bedside lights, etc.  If I just let it turn on the lights for that room, it turns on the fireplace and everything in the room that has a switch.

On the flip side, whenever a wake-up is run, I don't want it to automatically turn on lights in my room, for example, if a guest sets an alarm, I really don't want it turning on my lights.

Is there a programmatic way to have the wake-up agent detect the context of it's execution, so if executing in the master bedroom, use these lights, if executing in the guest bedroom, use different lights, etc, (like the agent does out of the box), but allowing more control over the individual lights within that room?

I don't have T3's everywhere (I have 3 centrally located), so the new Wakup/Goodnight agent is somewhat limited in how I can use them without installing a bunch of T3s inside of each room...

Archived