C4tune

Cheapest PoE Camera with free driver

I have a few locations in my home that do not justify putting hikvision in, namely my unfinished and shared laundry room and my 3rd floor shared (tenants) common space. I like just enough clarity to determine if either space is occupied. 

All thoughts and comments are appreciated. 

I think Mitch is right. Amcrest may be the cheapest PTZ camera that offers integration. PM him to discuss driver costs and installation.

1 minute ago, C4tune said:

Excellent. Much appreciated.

Im not sure if he sells the cameras, but I think you can find some good deals on refurbished ones on ebay/amazon

$79 Unifi Flex G3 Camera.  Impressive little camera for the money and works with the generic IP driver for C4.

$79 Unifi Flex G3 Camera.  Impressive little camera for the money and works with the generic IP driver for C4.

Really? I thought it was only possible via blue iris.
Thanks for the info!

Wondering if you could use those with a Hik nvr

3 hours ago, mallom said:

Really? I thought it was only possible via blue iris.
Thanks for the info!

I have my unifi cameras with the generic ip driver and they work fine.  I haven't tried the flex camera but its the same Unifi interface so assuming it works the same.

3 hours ago, mallom said:

Wondering if you could use those with a Hik nvr

I dont think you can use another brand NVR but not 100%.   Unifi just came out with a new NVR for $200 that also has the Unifi controller software built in.  I just installed it in a second home and its slick.