C4 Forums | Control4

Security systems

dew1551

I have read that several,of you successfully integrate the DSCneo with Control4 but on the Control4 site they specificallly state it is not compatible with DSC neo? Can you explain how you were able to do it. M understanding is that the HSIM interfaces as a wired ( 4 wires)  control panel. It then communicates over rs232 to the ea controllers. Is this how you have done it? Control4 says models like 1616 power series are compatible but not neo?? This doesn’t seem possible what am I missing?

1 hour ago, dew1551 said:

I have read that several,of you successfully integrate the DSCneo with Control4 but on the Control4 site they specificallly state it is not compatible with DSC neo? Can you explain how you were able to do it. M understanding is that the HSIM interfaces as a wired ( 4 wires)  control panel. It then communicates over rs232 to the ea controllers. Is this how you have done it? Control4 says models like 1616 power series are compatible but not neo?? This doesn’t seem possible what am I missing?

You don't need the HSIM with the Neo.   You just need the TL-280 communicator which uses ethernet.

On 9/22/2018 at 12:58 AM, C4tune said:

If you’re all wired I would recommend dsc neo. It’s seamless. I love it. It also allows you to monitor or not. 

What panel do you have? I have 3 door sensors and one motion and was looking for a security system. Also can you program the DSC yourself?

You can if you find the software. It’s not incredibly easy, but it’s possible. You’ll likely find an out of date version of DLS online. Mine was from some Canadian website. Luckily the application has a way to update itself built in. Plenty of good tutorials available online. When it comes to c4 integration, make sure you follow the directions to a T. 

1 hour ago, twmoonly said:

What panel do you have? I have 3 door sensors and one motion and was looking for a security system. Also can you program the DSC yourself?

It's fairly easy to program depending how many zones/sensors you have (from what I have read).  I bought my stuff from alarmsystemstore.com.  For $150 or so, they will pre-program everything before it ships to you.  Alternatively, they have several thorough videos on Youtube that explain how to program the system:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alarmsystemstore+dsc+program

I don't think you need the full blown software to program these, you can just use a keypad.  

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased an 1864 dsc power series because it is listed as compatible with control 4 HSIM. I installed it and programmed it with the keypad and it was not too hard. It works well but my Control4 touch screen which displays the alarm through the driver included with the HSIM shows everything status and detailed zone info but it will not arm/disarm? Anybody have any good ideas here ? From documentation it seems ok but will not arm or disarm the system? Do I need to program something or is there a setting in the driver to enable this?

Archived