C4 Forums | Control4

Remote programming of whole house

XCD

I’m looking to add some smart features to my house. Specifically: (1) AV control; (2) lighting; (3) automatic curtains; (4) whole home audio; (5) air conditioning / radiant heating; (6) security. The house already has a robust WiFi system built on Unifi. It’ll be a retrofit. Most wiring should be possible, but some may be hard to do. I’m looking for a remote/diy dealer for equipment and programming. 

(1) I’m really only looking to control my home theater. TV is an LG, speaker amp is NAD. 

(2) Theres about 80 or so switches. A lot of them can be combined. Some lights are wired for 2-way switches as well. I’m in China, so it’s 220v and the switches are different in shape than North American ones 

(3) automatic curtains in 3 rooms is a must. These are roll down curtains. 1 more traditional drapes is optional. 

(4) I have 9 zones of distributed audio. Planning to use the new Sonos Connect:amp to drive it. Can they be integrated with c4?

(5) my air conditioning is made by a Chinese company called Dakin. I know for a fact their projects are c4 compatible. http://www.daikin.com/products/ac/index.html. The radiant heating is controlled on a room-by-room basis with valves (not yet installed)

(6) security is not yet installed, planning to use Unifi security cameras. Can be changed. Also, integration with c4 is not a must.

10 minutes ago, XCD said:

I’m looking to add some smart features to my house. Specifically: (1) AV control; (2) lighting; (3) automatic curtains; (4) whole home audio; (5) air conditioning / radiant heating; (6) security. The house already has a robust WiFi system built on Unifi. It’ll be a retrofit. Most wiring should be possible, but some may be hard to do. I’m looking for a remote/diy dealer for equipment and programming. 

(1) I’m really only looking to control my home theater. TV is an LG, speaker amp is NAD. 

(2) Theres about 80 or so switches. A lot of them can be combined. Some lights are wired for 2-way switches as well. I’m in China, so it’s 220v and the switches are different in shape than North American ones 

(3) automatic curtains in 3 rooms is a must. These are roll down curtains. 1 more traditional drapes is optional. 

(4) I have 9 zones of distributed audio. Planning to use the new Sonos Connect:amp to drive it. Can they be integrated with c4?

(5) my air conditioning is made by a Chinese company called Dakin. I know for a fact their projects are c4 compatible. http://www.daikin.com/products/ac/index.html. The radiant heating is controlled on a room-by-room basis with valves (not yet installed)

(6) security is not yet installed, planning to use Unifi security cameras. Can be changed. Also, integration with c4 is not a must.

I'll respond to your PM

Archived