C4 Forums | Control4

Neeo Remote for Pro Channel

rea

I was listening to the HomeTech.fm CEDIA recap podcast today and they brought up the Neeo remote. Looks like there is a consumer model that's been around for a little while (and even a 3 year old thread about it on here), but it appears they've just added a model for the custom install channel: https://neeo.com/neeo-pro/

If you click the link, they even have a picture of it with an EA1 describing "plug and play" C4 integration. Any of you dealers play with this at CEDIA? 

I know a touchscreen C4 remote has been brought up on here a few times and this could be a 3rd party option for those interested if it works well. 

Yes, I did have a chance to play with it at CEDIA.  It's possibly the most inane remote design I have ever seen. Yes, it does interface with Control4, BUT, there aren't nearly enough hard buttons. No, pause, no play etc.  You might as well use your Smartphone.

2 hours ago, DawnGordon said:

Yes, I did have a chance to play with it at CEDIA.  It's possibly the most inane remote design I have ever seen. Yes, it does interface with Control4, BUT, there aren't nearly enough hard buttons. No, pause, no play etc.  You might as well use your Smartphone.

That's what I was worried about just looking at it. It certainly is aesthetically pleasing, but there's so much wasted space there on the remote that adding some more hard buttons seems like it would've been both possible and very functional. I'll take usability over looks any day with something like a remote control. 

Thanks for the input!

• 1 month later...

Archived