C4 Forums | Control4

ecschnei

So am I just nuts for thinking about this or has it already been done?

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a extra car remote start/lock/unlock/trunk release remote control hardwired to relays on an ea-5?  I could mount the remote in my garage and run cat5 to it and solder to the right points with connections back to relays on my ea-5...right?  Of course this particular vehicle is outside my garage but you could have programming to open the garage door just before it starts your car.   I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

😊

Card access makes a zigbee mini remote with 5 buttons on it. I’d track one of those down. 
I didn't think I could program the card access mini remote to operate my truck. I need a vehicle remote that I can solder connections to and run to my relays.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 7:03 PM, ecschnei said:

So am I just nuts for thinking about this or has it already been done?

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a extra car remote start/lock/unlock/trunk release remote control hardwired to relays on an ea-5?  I could mount the remote in my garage and run cat5 to it and solder to the right points with connections back to relays on my ea-5...right?  Of course this particular vehicle is outside my garage but you could have programming to open the garage door just before it starts your car.   I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

😊

haven't done it with a car remote. but plenty with garage door openers and shade remotes.

just have to open up the remote and solder to the contacts from the buttons and power and run that through the relay. 

Buy a Tesla - then you can use the unofficial API from Tesla, controlled by C4 with a few tricks.  I can push a button on a C4 keypad in my bedroom to start the climate so that the car is warmed up before I get in.  That is needed more in Toronto that Phoenix😀

6 hours ago, zaphod said:

Buy a Tesla - then you can use the unofficial API from Tesla, controlled by C4 with a few tricks.  I can push a button on a C4 keypad in my bedroom to start the climate so that the car is warmed up before I get in.  That is needed more in Toronto that Phoenix😀

OH I don't know - get's pretty hot out there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 9:32 AM, zaphod said:

remote start is completely necessary. Its only like 120 in the summer and the car might be around 300 if its been baking for a while.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived