C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless keypad LEDs

drmark12pa

I'm curious with the newer generation wireless keypads as I've just purchased my first batch, do the LEDs flash in a top to bottom pattern when pressed?  I've noticed when I hit a button and with any light/power state change I have a macros programmed to change LED state the LEDs almost scroll from top to bottom in a light changing pattern.  Is that normal?

23 hours ago, msgreenf said:

macros are not efficient way to do this that is way.  Depending on what you are doing an advanced lighting scene that changes that LED button color may yield a better outcome

23 hours ago, msgreenf said:

macros are not efficient way to do this that is way.  Depending on what you are doing an advanced lighting scene that changes that LED button color may yield a better outcome

As I have it now, anytime a light state or power state of a room changes, I have a macro run to set/change LED colors.  How would a person use the advanced lighting agent?

Advanced lighting scenes would be bound to the button and the LED state of that button can be set to automatically track the state of the scene.  This would be much better than using macros as macros fire off a string of single commands which is what's giving you that popcorn effect. 

Archived