C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Echo

alf1096

Question

5 answers to this question

Do you have composer HE? Essentially yes you will probably want 4sight, though if you have composer HE you could use the epic or ifttt driver as well for certain phrases

I don’t ant to pay for 4sight. I get remote access through port forwarding. Voice is not important enough for me to have to pay a yearly subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly recommend not doing port forwarding. You are making your system totally unsecure

I don’t ant to pay for 4sight. I get remote access through port forwarding. Voice is not important enough for me to have to pay a yearly subscription.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Highly recommend not doing port forwarding. You are making your system totally unsecure

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I understand the risk and always have a recent back up. I have had no problems for 7 years.

On 9/29/2018 at 6:48 PM, alf1096 said:

I understand the risk and always have a recent back up. I have had no problems for 7 years.

there was a driver out there that did not require 4sight but i think amazon killed that functionality.

theres more to 4sight.

you get the voice access to your system remote. email and push notfications, intercom anywhere, cloud backups on a schedule, and they are always adding more all the time.

for less than $10 bucks a month its not that bad.

Archived