C4 Forums | Control4

Gate Control - DoorBird VS C4 Doorstation

Gate Controller - Doorbird VS Control4  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which intercom would you recommend?

• DoorBird
    • Control4 Intercom

5 hours ago, northernlights said:

So I will put a twist to this discussion...

I do not have cat5 to my existing door bell/intercom station, but 2 pair twisted. Since the D2 does not have wifi capabilities, then i'm left with this option...https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/datasheet_a1071_en.pdf as a method to get power and data back and forth. So now I am paying a lot more for the D2 and now this. So given this extra cost, for those D2 believers above, is the product still worth it?

And you have such a strong wifi that you can reliable use the Doorbird on wifi? Even if you went with the doorbird, I'd STRONGLY advise you to use that piece (or one of the other twenty variations of it on the market...

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

And you have such a strong wifi that you can reliable use the Doorbird on wifi? Even if you went with the doorbird, I'd STRONGLY advise you to use that piece (or one of the other twenty variations of it on the market...

I agree, even 2N who are the manufacturer of the C4 DS2 products make their own 2 wire solution:

https://www.2n.cz/en_GB/products/intercoms/2n-2wire

The DoorBird product is unreliable enough when hard wired, I wouldn't remotely consider using it on WiFi alone.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I just upgraded my doorbird to a door station and I miss my doorstation dearly. The workflow was much better on the doorbird and the door station lacks functionality to review prior rings. I would recommend a doorbird using the doorbird app. 

Archived