C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Music Workaround

2 hours ago, prabeau said:

I have both a .ca and a .com/us Amazon accounts both with Prime

When I try to sign in the C4 app for Amazon Music I follow the authentication process and "Home" shows = no results found.

Thanks

Not sure if this would work but try this link  https://www.amazon.com/hz/mycd/myx#/home/settings/payment   and change your Country/Region settings in the preferences to United States.  Changing your shipping address to an american address may/may not be necessary but worth a try as a last resort.

Use a DNS Proxy Service, it will cost u $25 CAD per year and u can have Amazon Music on you C4 without problems at all ...  I suggest SmartDNSProxy ... No Pandora or iHeartRadio will work, for Pandora to work u need to change the Address on C4 to US address.  IHeart will never work whatever you do ...

On 10/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, prabeau said:

Just found this

You have an active Amazon Music Unlimited Subscription in CA. If you want to move your Amazon Music account to a different country or region, please contact Customer Service.

I didn't have to go through this work around (I'm in Canada) probably because I've had an amazon prime membership (american) for quite some time. (at least a year or so before it was available in Canada).  I suppose I defaulted to content from the United States because it was my first membership.  I do not have to use any VPN's or DNS proxy services to make this work for me.

Archived