C4 Forums | Control4

Remove Apps Button from Screens/Controllers like IOS App?

Amr

On 10/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, msgreenf said:

remove the agent for 4store

that didn't work ...

20 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

if you are talking about the main screen there is little customization there. you can change the navigator from circle to the line pattern. this is more useful if you use the on screen navigator more often then like a touch screen.

Unfortunately I will not got that way the circular is a natural flow and I'd been using C4 for 3 years now and I can't stand the line pattern.  

Anyways, one day am sure C4 will remove the Apps as its really really useless to most people ... 

To be honest, I don’t think they will ever remove these Apps as such.  They only appear on the HC and V2 (or older equipment) and the software is not really being upgraded for this hardware.

That said, you definitely can (I am 99.9% sure) hide the Apps icon.  I used to have it hidden in some rooms and not others (again I am 99.9% sure) back in the day when I used V2 Touchscreens...

I would also have thought that Mitch’s suggestion of deleting the 4store agent would work.  Did you refresh navigators after deleting? Maybe try a reboot also...

Ok, I found the solution, no need to remove apps or anything just creat a custom home screen from each device and add, remove, sort whatever you like .... Super easy that we thought it require sophisticated setup ...

Archived