C4 Forums | Control4

Shades again

ejn1

1 hour ago, Home Theater Advisors said:

Been having great luck with Somfy and the MyLink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues with this combo as well.  

Have you tried  the Domo Sapiens Somfy Generic RTS and DCT driver by chance? I am curious if this actually improves the blinds position/status

"this driver set uses an elaborate timing model to maintain at all times an estimated view of the status and position of each blind"

No issues with this combo as well.  
Have you tried  the Domo Sapiens Somfy Generic RTS and DCT driver by chance? I am curious if this actually improves the blinds position/status
"this driver set uses an elaborate timing model to maintain at all times an estimated view of the status and position of each blind"

Yes, I only use the Domo Sapiens driver. It works very well for individual shades. I’ve been having issues with it tracking multiple shades on tbe same somfy channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did Somfy and added the Domosapien's driver. If I were to do it again or had more time to get them put in I would have gotten quotes for Lutron. I wanted to do Lutron Serena so I could just do it myself but they max out at 96" and my shades are around 112". The dealer I used for Somfy had less than a week turnaround which was amazing. I'm having issue with toggles from my keypad switches not working sporadically. Also, the tracking of groups with multiple shades isn't very good even with the driver. The issue for me is the one way communication, I just know that two way would have been much better but I needed them put in quickly and also being wirefree made the install a LOT easier. It would have been a huge project to get power or other cable to the windows (solid concrete on some of the walls and no attic access.). The shades themself are great and the Sonesse 30 wirefree are pretty quiet. 

Archived