C4 Forums | Control4

Displaying weather on T3 touch screen- Wake-up scene

time4fun

During the wake-up scene, I'd like the T3 touch screen to display the weather for a brief period of time, is this possible?  At the T3, under "Comfort", I see a "Weather" icon, this data is what I'd like to have displayed.

Currently using an EA-5 at 2.10.4

Thanks for any guidance

2 hours ago, time4fun said:

During the wake-up scene, I'd like the T3 touch screen to display the weather for a brief period of time, is this possible?  At the T3, under "Comfort", I see a "Weather" icon, this data is what I'd like to have displayed.

Currently using an EA-5 at 2.10.4

Thanks for any guidance

I can’t recall if there is a weather screen saver on the T3... if there is, you could change the screen saver for a few minutes.

7 hours ago, time4fun said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't see any option to make the weather as a screen saver though.

Do you know of any other way to make this work?

The only things that you can programmatically flip to are the security page, cameras or the screen saver so given the lack of a screen saver option, my only other suggestion would be to create a dummy camera feed which has the weather info... but that is getting quite complex and actually doing it would be above my pay grade.  I seem to recall that this has been done by someone before and there may even be a thread somewhere on how to do it...

if you click on the screen saver for programming you can select the custom screen saver. then you can change the settings to display the weather option.

you could also get the Chowmain advanced annoucments driver and have the weather read aloud.

lastly would be to setup a RTSP stream of a weather station add it as a camera and program the t3 to jump to the camera.

On 10/20/2018 at 11:44 AM, Matt Lowe said:

if you click on the screen saver for programming you can select the custom screen saver. then you can change the settings to display the weather option.

I must be missing something, I don't see an option under custom settings to display weather as a screen saver. I see a lot of options, just not weather.

I only see two ways to display the weather, one is to tap the current temp on the home screen, the other is to tap the comfort icon, then the weather icon.

I'll take a look at the Chowmain advanced announcements driver, and try to figure out how to RTSP a weather station.

Thanks!

Archived