C4 Forums | Control4

Fan control

chiAVguy

I’d like to do something different. I have a Hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control.

I’d like to hardwire the fan to always be “on”. Because the only way to control the fan and light is via a remote. Right now I use a regular C4 switch to turn the power on and off. 

I’d like to employ the driver that allows the weird hex codes to be captured and to work. I think it’s through chow or cinegration. I forget. It’s a generic fan control driver. I’d also like to just use a regular keypad to control the fan remote control functions (light, slow, med, fast) by programming each button to follow that command.  I even have a extra z2ir adapter set up to send the commands to the fan if need be. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

16 hours ago, chiAVguy said:

I’d like to do something different. I have a Hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control.

I’d like to hardwire the fan to always be “on”. Because the only way to control the fan and light is via a remote. Right now I use a regular C4 switch to turn the power on and off. 

I’d like to employ the driver that allows the weird hex codes to be captured and to work. I think it’s through chow or cinegration. I forget. It’s a generic fan control driver. I’d also like to just use a regular keypad to control the fan remote control functions (light, slow, med, fast) by programming each button to follow that command.  I even have a extra z2ir adapter set up to send the commands to the fan if need be. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

dont need anything special to capture ir code c4 has it built right in.

chowmain driver will work great

can even program the switch already in place to control the speed.

you could also wire the remote to controller contacts and control it that way

there is also an rf ir gateway by matterlink for this exact purpose.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:54 PM, Matt Lowe said:

dont need anything special to capture ir code c4 has it built right in.

chowmain driver will work great

can even program the switch already in place to control the speed.

you could also wire the remote to controller contacts and control it that way

there is also an rf ir gateway by matterlink for this exact purpose.

My wife bought a fan for the porch that is only controlled by remote. MinkaAire. If you turn it off on the remote, and then someone turns the switch off... the confusion comes when they turn it back on. Nothing happens -- it goes back to the last state of the remote (off). Could I replace this remote with a C4 solution?

2 hours ago, Elvis said:

My wife bought a fan for the porch that is only controlled by remote. MinkaAire. If you turn it off on the remote, and then someone turns the switch off... the confusion comes when they turn it back on. Nothing happens -- it goes back to the last state of the remote (off). Could I replace this remote with a C4 solution?

if its a c4 switch just disable the connections in composer for the switch. you could then wire the controller to relays or get a matterlink and have total control always from any interface.

3 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

if its a c4 switch just disable the connections in composer for the switch. you could then wire the controller to relays or get a matterlink and have total control always from any interface. 

Way over my head there. Headed to google.

Archived