C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Lighting

ronlonnborg

Looking to to replace a few of my double gage light switch boxes for Infinity Touch 7" Screens. My question is can I use the built-in zigbee in my HC800 to control those lights? I been looking for some ZigBee controllers that go in the light boxes. Not a lot to choose from. Does anybody have any recommendation for controller for the light boxes? And will I just be able to add a driver then add them to my ZigBee network running on the HC800.

There actually is a zigbee device that can go in that 2 gang boxes and control those lights.  unfortunately for you that device is a light switch.  Joking aside you aren't going to find what you're looking for.  You still need a device to physically turn the lights on/off with the wires in that box and you won't find a 110v device that passes UL listing or is up to code that sits inside a covered up box with no way to physically turn on/off, nor would you want one in my opinion.  

even if you use those the touch screen is about as deep as an outlet box is. you cant have the wiring the puck touchscreen box and the touchscreen in the same box. you are going to just need to install the touch screen above the switches. also a lot of switches are a little low.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived