C4 Forums | Control4

WattBox 700 IPV-12 Losing Connections

On 10/26/2018 at 11:46 AM, cdepaola said:

Seem to have an ongoing issue with a WattBox 700 IP losing its connections to corresponding relays.  Anyone else have this issue or know what could be causing it?  More then a pain... 

the only way to tell would be to have your dealer activate and extend the logs. then you would need to proactively check for when it drops offline and note it so that someone can review the logs and find out what happens near that time. When it falls offline can you access it through other means? does it respond to pings?

It’s not dropping off line.... the connections are being lost. On these units each outlet has a corresponding relay that it’s bound to.  Those bindings are being lost.  They will work fine for some period and then what appears to be out of no where the bindings are lost.  My dealer hasn’t been able to figure out why.  Just thought others might have had similar experiences.  

On 11/5/2018 at 1:36 PM, cdepaola said:

It’s not dropping off line.... the connections are being lost. On these units each outlet has a corresponding relay that it’s bound to.  Those bindings are being lost.  They will work fine for some period and then what appears to be out of no where the bindings are lost.  My dealer hasn’t been able to figure out why.  Just thought others might have had similar experiences.  

like an issue with the driver being corrupted. First place to start would be to delete the driver and clear the driver from the controller. then reinstall a fresh one from online. if it continues there may be a bug with the driver and i think snapav writes them so your dealer would need to contact them and have the trouble shoot further.

Archived