C4 Forums | Control4

Kodi integration

timelinex

I currently have a Roku Ultra for netflix and similar channels. I also have a firestick that I currently use for Kodi, but as you guys know there is no integration. The system just points to that HDMI port and then I have to use the fire remote.

Whats the best reasonably priced way to integrate Kodi, both hardware and software wise?

19 minutes ago, timelinex said:

I currently have a Roku Ultra for netflix and similar channels. I also have a firestick that I currently use for Kodi, but as you guys know there is no integration. The system just points to that HDMI port and then I have to use the fire remote.

Whats the best reasonably priced way to integrate Kodi, both hardware and software wise?

Video storm ip dongle and driver and you can have 1 way integration easily

add Alan’s kodi driver and you have 2 way integration. 

Thanks for the reply. It's so frustrating that there isn't an streamer that can do everything and also integrate well with C4.

Does the videostorm IP dongle solution add mini drivers (like netflix)? Thats basically the only reason I bought the roku (I didn't realize kodi was going to be a problem though)

I know there used to be a native Fire stick driver in C4. They seemed to of removed it since it stopped working with the new firetv 4k's. From what I gather, it only stopped working with the new offerings. But I still have the 2nd gen fire stick. Would it work with mine still then? Does anyone have a copy of the driver they can give me?

36 minutes ago, timelinex said:

Thanks for the reply. It's so frustrating that there isn't an streamer that can do everything and also integrate well with C4.

Does the videostorm IP dongle solution add mini drivers (like netflix)? Thats basically the only reason I bought the roku (I didn't realize kodi was going to be a problem though)

I know there used to be a native Fire stick driver in C4. They seemed to of removed it since it stopped working with the new firetv 4k's. From what I gather, it only stopped working with the new offerings. But I still have the 2nd gen fire stick. Would it work with mine still then? Does anyone have a copy of the driver they can give me?

My understanding is that it is not a hardware limitation but a new OS update that broke the way the driver talks to the device.

And yes on the mini drivers. For KODI I strongly advise to use Alan's driver.

Alternatively you could look at PLEX depending on what you have for nas/hardware vs Kodi - because of course you're not trying to download/stream illegal TV and movies....

Plex can run on a Roku and there is a full fledged driver (set) for it available as well

Thanks for the advice guys. Based on your advice and after talking to Allen, I have found the perfect combination.

IRusb + Nvidia Shield + Kodi Full Driver = complete integration of kodi and minidrivers (like netflix)

I can't wait to get it all together!

Archived