C4 Forums | Control4

How use DSC alarm sensors to set variables in Composer

tcwalker5

I am an end user with Composer HE 2.10.5

I have a DSC832 with the IT-100 interface.

I would like the alarm system to send a door open command to C4 and set a variable (door_open=true)

With that variable set, I can then add in additional functionality such as turn off AC, disable door shade timers, turn LEDs red, etc.

The driver that was installed by my dealer doesn't seem to allow API programming as far as I can tell.  But the IT-100 does allow serial commands to be sent and received.

Has anyone done this, and where do I start to use the API on both sides (DSC and Composer)?

Thanks,

Ted

12 hours ago, RR61522 said:

Did your dealer put the contacts for each zone into the project and bind them to the alarm panel? If so, you do the programming off of the contact, not the alarm panel driver.

This! I have the same set up as you and it all works perfectly in the way that you want it to work.  The key is to get your dealer to bind all of the contacts etc.  Then you program and your imagination is the only limiting factor!

Thanks, this is what I thought would be needed.  As best I can tell the contacts are not explicitly defined.  There are no details on the monitoring page, but on the programming page this is all I can see.  If the contacts were defined, I assume I would seem them as events.  Correct?

image.thumb.png.d9c807700de09e6eba7e60658390f1aa.png

Not quite. What happens that a driver per sensor (you want) is added to the system and under connections is coupled to the appropriate sensor/zone on the alarm panel.

This does two things - make it visible on any Control4 interface (separate of the security panel itself) - and make it a device that has events you can program off such as 'door opened', motion sensed etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived