C4 Forums | Control4

inconsistant work schedule

ecschnei

Question

So my work schedule changes daily based on where I need to travel to...I'm looking for a way to trigger a good morning routine based on when I get up.  I thought about a pushover notification based on a calendar event but I have yet to get it to work.   I'm open to any ideas because there is always more than one way to skin a cat.  I don't have a T3 screen so the chowmain scheduling driver is out.

Thanks everyone!

14 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, ecschnei said:

So my work schedule changes daily based on where I need to travel to...I'm looking for a way to trigger a good morning routine based on when I get up.  I thought about a pushover notification based on a calendar event but I have yet to get it to work.   I'm open to any ideas because there is always more than one way to skin a cat.  I don't have a T3 screen so the chowmain scheduling driver is out.

Thanks everyone!

Do you use google calendar?  Maybe ifttt or this driver https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/schedule-it/

I’m chiming in because my wife and I both work in an operating room. The schedule is volatile at best. I have temporarily set up an Eve button through HomeKit to trigger a dimmer box. The dimmer box is programmed to run my good morning routine in C4. I’m going to buy a keypad form my dealer and put it in one of those enclosures that make them table top keypads. There she will be able to hit good morning when she is called in, and good night when she gets back in bed. 

I would love an answer to this as well. We'll be getting our C4 installed in about 6 months and I work rotating shifts. When I work 6am to have the shower ready, bathroom heated, lights dim, etc based on my calendar would be great. My work schedule is on When to Work then transfers to my Google calendar. We will have 2 touch screens (master and kitchen) and a dedicated Ipad for C4. What would be the best way to do this?

On 11/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, ecschnei said:

Thanks everyone!

I've gotten this to work by using the IFTTT driver with a Google Calendar event titled "Good Morning" as the trigger. I have this activate a Wakeup (think that's what it's called?) agent programming in C4.

Granted, I only remember to add the calendar event about once every 3 months so hopefully you're better at adding your schedule to your calendar than I am if you go down this route. 

45 minutes ago, ecschnei said:

I only have a T7

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have a T3.  The T3 range of touchscreens is the current range of touchscreens and have been around for a few years now.

If you have an older Infinity Edge touchscreen then it will not work.

Sounds like you have a T3.  The T3 range of touchscreens is the current range of touchscreens and have been around for a few years now.
If you have an older Infinity Edge touchscreen then it will not work.
Sorry, correct it is an infinitely edge 7"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On 11/13/2018 at 6:40 PM, alanchow said:

If you have a T3 touchscreen this is the most elegant solution that can fire preprogrammed macro / events

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/scheduler-control4-driver

EXAMPLE SCHEDULER RUNNING ON T3 TOUCHSCREEN

Yeah but then you have to do this weekly no? I wanted a way to have the Control4 read my calendar. I can make a google calendar for Control4 that will only get my work schedule forwarded to it nothing else. Seems like that was an option based on posts above. That is definitely easier than doing this every week.

Archived