C4 Forums | Control4

Looking for Integrator Houston

MegN21689

Hi,

I am getting ready to start on a new construction home in the Houston area.  We are looking to do lighting control (Lutron) in the main areas of the home as well as a Control4 system that integrates the lighting system, whole home audio (including surround sound in living & gameroom) , security system, security cameras, HVAC, front door intercom, gate control (open/close), garage control (open/close), pool integration.  We are considering an AV matrix for the main TV's but will likely nix that first due to cost.  Is this something that could be easily added on later if desired?

I am searching for a reasonably priced integrator who can do the above including the Lutron lighting.  Can anyone recommend an integrator they worked with?  I have a bid or two so I have an idea of the ballpark pricing but I don't have any recommendations/reviews for any of them so it makes me a bit nervous since a badly designed system replacement would be costly down the road.

Any input is greatly appreciated!  

On 11/8/2018 at 1:44 PM, MegN21689 said:

Hi,

I am getting ready to start on a new construction home in the Houston area.  We are looking to do lighting control (Lutron) in the main areas of the home as well as a Control4 system that integrates the lighting system, whole home audio (including surround sound in living & gameroom) , security system, security cameras, HVAC, front door intercom, gate control (open/close), garage control (open/close), pool integration.  We are considering an AV matrix for the main TV's but will likely nix that first due to cost.  Is this something that could be easily added on later if desired?

I am searching for a reasonably priced integrator who can do the above including the Lutron lighting.  Can anyone recommend an integrator they worked with?  I have a bid or two so I have an idea of the ballpark pricing but I don't have any recommendations/reviews for any of them so it makes me a bit nervous since a badly designed system replacement would be costly down the road.

Any input is greatly appreciated!  

interview interview interview. Meet several people and find out as much as you can. your system will only work as well as the integrator doing the install. if @StroTek LLC is doing it youll be fine ha!

On 11/8/2018 at 3:01 PM, msgreenf said:

Any reason why you want a control4 system but Lutron lighting and not Control4 lighting?

@msgreenf I prefer Lutron because it’s compatible with almost every home automation system as well as functional as a stand-alone system as well.  With how quickly technology changes you just never know what systems will be around tomorrow and I don’t want to have to rip out an entire lighting system to go with another brand.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, eggzlot said:

Also do you need someone local or would you work with someone remote and let someone local (you, electrician, etc) do all the wiring?

I would be open to doing it remotely and paying someone to do the pre-wire separately.  However, I would only want to go that route if I would have access to purchase the equipment and there would be a considerable savings going that route.  Otherwise, it would probably make more sense to go turn key.  I’m a very DIY type of person (I’m actually general contracting the house myself for a considerable savings) but I have to be honest I’m not well versed in the home automation stuff.  I’m doing a lot of reading and learning but it’s a big investment so I want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Hello,
Our company, Ubtechpros, is a local custom integration company, we have helped many customers like yourself achieve their technology needs and would like the opportunity to do the same for you.
We have extensive experience in Control4, Lutron, Access control, Networking and custom designs. We also have a licensed electrician in our team as well as the necessary licenses and insurance for your protection and peace of mind.
We are able to provide references, as a matter of fact we love to do that with our new customers because they can see first hand the quality of our work as well as the customer experience.
Please PM me for more details and hopefully setup an appointment to walk your project and understand your needs and goals.
Thank you

Eduardo T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived