C4 Forums | Control4

Sharp Roku TVs (made by Hisense) or other Roku TVs

zaphod

Also to note additional features :

find Roku remote function (required that the Roku remote is compatible and been paired)

numerics have been mapped. For passwords and pins.

For a more natural feel if your using DirecTV Now. The channel up and down buttons on the remote move channels up and down. The little things go a long way...

9 hours ago, HTI Customs said:

Hello,

We wrote the IP driver for the RokuTVs. Full IP control power on/off, volume, app selection. 

Feel free to email us  @ drivers@hticustoms.com

Which driver is this - the "Blackwire" driver or the "free" one from Control 4?

• 4 weeks later...

Just trying to use the HTI Customs driver for the first time with a TCL Roku.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have it just turn on the TV and go to/control the Roku main/home page?   Hopefully just something I'm not doing correctly in the setup?  If you select Roku Matrix in Navigator, it just goes to a "Now Playing" screen, with no control of the Roku.

Please advise...thanks-

1 minute ago, chopedogg88 said:

Just trying to use the HTI Customs driver for the first time with a TCL Roku.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have it just turn on the TV and go to/control the Roku main/home page?   Hopefully just something I'm not doing correctly in the setup?  If you select Roku Matrix in Navigator, it just goes to a "Now Playing" screen, with no control of the Roku.

Please advise...thanks-

Ari,

Please submit a ticket within the driver. And we can walk you through what you are doing wrong. Did you follow documentation?

18 hours ago, HTI Customs said:

Ari,

Please submit a ticket within the driver. And we can walk you through what you are doing wrong. Did you follow documentation?

So I'm the end-user on this issue. Just thought I'd let you know that the "Roku Matrix" selection doesn't work within the iOS app or on an SR260. Choosing that doesn't boot up the TV, doesn't bring up the main Roku menu, and most frustratingly of all, when I select either my Dish input or one of the mini-apps, it reverts back to "Roku matrix" on the SR260 or the iOS app and has no control. I have to re-select the app in use to gain back control. 

For my purposes, I really just wanted the driver to power on the TV to the Roku TV main screen (or the Dish input) from a keypad button scene and then I'd likely just use the factory remote for now. Currently, it seems that I will have to pick an app/input to boot the TV from sleep. Powering off the room does work. I've included a screenshot for what it shows when I try to control "Roku Matrix" in the app for reference. 

Image-1-3.thumb.jpg.723c00c2e6956c060b70ce5440cf0feb.jpg

Going to the "Roku matrix" is expected behavior. As you are not ever controlling Netflix and such you are always controlling the Roku.  So it doesn't "revert back" it goes to where is supposed to. I hope that that makes sense. 

With controlling your Joey. It should switch to HDMI 2 and control from a remote perfectly fine.

As for the now playing screen. Which is what your issue seems to be. This is an issue that ONLY affects iOS devices. This has been brought to Control4's attention on several occasions. And is out of our control. And if you use an SR remote you will have no issues.

1 hour ago, HTI Customs said:

Going to the "Roku matrix" is expected behavior. As you are not ever controlling Netflix and such you are always controlling the Roku.  So it doesn't "revert back" it goes to where is supposed to. I hope that that makes sense. 

With controlling your Joey. It should switch to HDMI 2 and control from a remote perfectly fine.

As for the now playing screen. Which is what your issue seems to be. This is an issue that ONLY affects iOS devices. This has been brought to Control4's attention on several occasions. And is out of our control. And if you use an SR remote you will have no issues.

No that totally makes sense and thanks for the reply. The Joey switching and control there does work well. I have tried to control with an SR260 and choosing Roku Matrix from the watch menu on the remote still has no wake-up action on the TV. 

When I power the room off, it puts the TV into the off/standby, but then quickly shows up in the navigator/SR260 as if the room is on again with Roku Matrix selected. Starting the TV from sleep only seems to work reliably with the Joey. Even with the SR260, it seems I have to launch at least twice to get any response. It does control as expected once it boots up. If you omit the iOS bug you mentioned, I still seem to be having some weird issue with boot up/sleep for the Roku functions.   

I appear to have a similar issue.  Whenever I start watching on my Roku TVs (I have two of them - both using the HTI driver) no matter what device I am trying to watch, even "external" devices attached to HDMI inputs on the TV it immediately switches the currently watching device back to Roku Matrix on the C4 remote.

For example, let's say I have my cable box connected to HDMI1.  I will select Watch-CableTV on my SR260 remote.  Everything will turn on and switch to the right inputs but the screen on the SR260 will switch back to Roku Matrix after about a second and I can't control the cable box as the remote is now controlling the TV, not the cable box.  If I press Watch-CableTV on the remote again then it goes back to and maintains the correct device and everything works properly.

I get the same behaviour on both TVs.

Is this the expected behaviour?  I can't imagine it is as it makes controlling external devices rather tricky.

3 hours ago, zaphod said:

I appear to have a similar issue.  Whenever I start watching on my Roku TVs (I have two of them - both using the HTI driver) no matter what device I am trying to watch, even "external" devices attached to HDMI inputs on the TV it immediately switches the currently watching device back to Roku Matrix on the C4 remote.

For example, let's say I have my cable box connected to HDMI1.  I will select Watch-CableTV on my SR260 remote.  Everything will turn on and switch to the right inputs but the screen on the SR260 will switch back to Roku Matrix after about a second and I can't control the cable box as the remote is now controlling the TV, not the cable box.  If I press Watch-CableTV on the remote again then it goes back to and maintains the correct device and everything works properly.

I get the same behaviour on both TVs.

Is this the expected behaviour?  I can't imagine it is as it makes controlling external devices rather tricky.

Yeah, this is the same thing that is happening to me. Does your TV boot up when you select Roku Matrix as your watch device? 

14 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Are you able to turn on your TV and have it take you to the roku home screen?

It appears that I don't actually have a watch activity that takes me to the roku home screen - which I guess is the same as Roku Matrix.  One of the Watch activities is Sharp TV but it doesn't actually appear to do anything.  But I don't often actually want to go to the home screen very often.

Just wanted to chime in here and thank @HTI Customs for putting through the updates that addressed the issues brought up here in the thread. It seems to be a great driver and these guys certainly provide great customer service!

I recommend checking out their driver if you have one of the Roku TVs and want IP control that includes power and input changing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, HTI Customs said:

We have gotten down to the bottom of the external inputs bug. We will be releasing an update later today to address this.

Before I submit a new ticket... is there a recommended way to set video-audio end points/video-audio volume when sources are connected to both the matrix driver AND an AVR?  Should the matrix be the first video-audio end point (for TV sources) or or the 2nd?  Right now the AVR is the only video-audio end (and volume) point in the room for all sources.  Any sources connected to the AVR require the need to select it as a watch source twice (from a C4 Nav) in order to have control of it.  Any sources connected to the TV (matrix driver) are controllable after only selecting as a source ONCE.

3 minutes ago, HTI Customs said:

This would be connected as it normally would in composer. Devices connected to AVR, HDMI output from AVR to Roku, optical to AVR, AVR would be video audio endpoints as well as the volume endpoints. 

What would cause  the need to select any watch sources (connected to the AVR) TWICE from the navs  in order to get control of it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.