C4 Forums | Control4

Stove light control

timelinex

Question

I have a big vent above my kitchen stove and it's the only light I have that isn't smart controlled and used often. I figured I could replace the outlet it's plugged into and that would make control easy (turning light on or off with kitchen lights). However after some digging, I found the outlet would be a big job to get to (there is masonry around vent). What I can get to is the electrical wiring directly to the switch .

Is there any kind of switch I can by (the more simple/small the better) that I can splice into the wiring. Something that will basically cut power or let it through.

5 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, timelinex said:

I have a big vent above my kitchen stove and it's the only light I have that isn't smart controlled and used often. I figured I could replace the outlet it's plugged into and that would make control easy (turning light on or off with kitchen lights). However after some digging, I found the outlet would be a big job to get to (there is masonry around vent). What I can get to is the electrical wiring directly to the switch .

Is there any kind of switch I can by (the more simple/small the better) that I can splice into the wiring. Something that will basically cut power or let it through.

is it on its own circuit?

6 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

is it on its own circuit?

Like it's own circuit breaker? Definitely not lol Otherwise I don't know what you are asking.

This isn't my house, but this is the type of vent I am talking about: 

stone-range-hood.jpg

I'm referring to that stone structure above the stove.

4 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Most of these vents require direct power connectivity and NOT plug in style.

You could always find out what type of bulbs they are and see if there are any smart compatible versions.

Hmm, good idea. I am guessing it's a smaller bulb that might not have a smart alternative. BUT maybe it does. I will check this out.

Archived