C4 Forums | Control4

2N keypad / DS2 firmware mashup

timbooo

I have a situation where a 2N entry keypad was installed and connected to a large whole-house C4 system. Of course it's 99.9% the same product so everything has been fine. However "Intercom Anywhere" has thrown a spanner in the works. Even though it's essentially a DS2 with a 2N logo on it, it cannot be used.

Yes I know there is the 2N app that could be used instead but apparently that's undesirable.

I'd like to know if anyone has ever tried/managed/failed to flash a DS2 firmware image to a 2N Helios IP Verso (thus turning it into a DS2).

2 hours ago, timbooo said:

I have a situation where a 2N entry keypad was installed and connected to a large whole-house C4 system. Of course it's 99.9% the same product so everything has been fine. However "Intercom Anywhere" has thrown a spanner in the works. Even though it's essentially a DS2 with a 2N logo on it, it cannot be used.

Yes I know there is the 2N app that could be used instead but apparently that's undesirable.

I'd like to know if anyone has ever tried/managed/failed to flash a DS2 firmware image to a 2N Helios IP Verso (thus turning it into a DS2).

i havent tried but I have a 2n Helios and use their app and it works just fine.  either way is a two app solution, no?

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

i havent tried but I have a 2n Helios and use their app and it works just fine.  either way is a two app solution, no?

Yes but with intercom as well (phone to touch panels, admittedly unlikely) it becomes three apps.

Archived