C4 Forums | Control4

Programming for motion sensor and manual turn on/off lights

diversitie

Question

I would like to do a programming for motion sensor to trigger the light in the night but still able to use manual light turning on/off by keypad.

For example, if someone turn on the light by keypad, the light will not turn off because of motion sensor stop sensing. On the other hand, if no one turn on the light, when motion is detected, it still works normally.

I do not want to buy a driver, so I tried to read from many forums but still confused as I am not sure what should I put the variable Boolean into.

6 answers to this question

The driver has drop downs for choosing the motion or door sensor and the lights you wa t to be controlled so there is no real programing. I would do it at my house but my zwave sensors dont seem to play nice with the driver so I have to do it long handed in programing. I have all my sensors change a variable value so I can do all the programing in 1 place without jumping around and doing notes in comments with another variable

Screen%20Shot%202018-11-24%20at%2011.02.

Screen%20Shot%202018-11-24%20at%2011.02.

20 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

The driver has drop downs for choosing the motion or door sensor and the lights you wa t to be controlled so there is no real programing. I would do it at my house but my zwave sensors dont seem to play nice with the driver so I have to do it long handed in programing. I have all my sensors change a variable value so I can do all the programing in 1 place without jumping around and doing notes in comments with another variable

Is your "Variable = Comments" just a dummy variable that you use to put comments into your programming to help visualize/understand what the script is doing? If so, this is genius, and I can't believe I've never thought of that. I sometimes have to write out my log on a document, to ensure I'm tracking my logic correctly.

This would also be a great composer improvement to "insert comment" to the programming window.

1 hour ago, jesseasmith said:

Is your "Variable = Comments" just a dummy variable that you use to put comments into your programming to help visualize/understand what the script is doing? If so, this is genius, and I can't believe I've never thought of that. I sometimes have to write out my log on a document, to ensure I'm tracking my logic correctly.

This would also be a great composer improvement to "insert comment" to the programming window.

Yup, that is all I use it for. Has also bailed me out a few times just going into agents and variables to see if it changed for conditionals testing to get confirmation the order is working too

Archived