C4 Forums | Control4

Unlock Kwikset lock using Intercom Anywhere and DS2

dw886

I've seen where you can us the Intercom Anywhere app to invoke 2 commands when a call comes in from a DS2.  The examples were to unlock a door when someone is at the front door.  What I can't seem to find is how to do this, and whether or not it requires the DS2 to be controlling the door (magnetic lock via DS2 Relays / Outputs).

With C4 Kwikset locks and a DS2, how do you add a button to the Intercom Anywhere app to unlock the door?

I never got a response on this, but wanted to follow-up in case this helps someone else, as I clearly missed this in the documentation. 

To be clear, I wanted to setup buttons like the "Deliveries" and "Turn on Light" as shown below:

image.thumb.png.e036167e97e7ee843152f6b66daa6603.png

In order to do this, the custom buttons on the DS2 Intercom properties must be enabled, and have a name.  Once this is done, it opens up the programming options within composer for when these buttons are pressed.

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2018 at 6:54 PM, dw886 said:

I never got a response on this, but wanted to follow-up in case this helps someone else, as I clearly missed this in the documentation. 

To be clear, I wanted to setup buttons like the "Deliveries" and "Turn on Light" as shown below:

image.thumb.png.e036167e97e7ee843152f6b66daa6603.png

In order to do this, the custom buttons on the DS2 Intercom properties must be enabled, and have a name.  Once this is done, it opens up the programming options within composer for when these buttons are pressed.

Thank you!! Where do you turn the custom buttons on, is it under the DS2?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.