C4 Forums | Control4

Non C4 - IP Camera Issue

eggzlot

Gear involved - Dahua Turet

Texas WiFi Midspan Injector

Cisco SG220 Switch (non PoE)

Cisco SG300 Switch (PoE)

IP camera that is showing some odd behavior.  I used 2 different network testers to test the line and it came back good (My electrician tested it when he ran the lines 2-3 months ago and my friends and I used another tool to retest before hanging up the cameras because the lines were ran 2-3 months ago so making sure no issues with the lines during renovation in the last few months).  The Ethernet cable from the camera to the patch panel to the midspan shows it is on.  I tested this by putting this set up into an empty bank, so the LED’s are off.  And when that cable that is from the camera > patch > “Power + Data” on the midspan is plugged in, the LED light in that bank go on.  Then I take a cable and plug “data” into my network switch.  And nothing.  Unit will not come online.  My switch has a blinking green light when data traffic is flowing and solid green when its a Gigabit connection.  Neither light goes on.  But it is clearly powering the device?  I tried several cables and various power banks and the issue persists.  I believe it is powering the device because I also have the PoE switch mentioned above in a different rack so I ran a long cable for testing purposes - the home run ethernet cable to the patch panel > PoE switch.  The Cisco PoE shows the solid orange light next to the port which means its supplying power, but no Green light for traffic.  

I scratch my head, I dont think the camera is dead because its getting power.  But it is not coming online.  I tried moving the wires to another area of the patch panel where I know 100% nothing is plugged in yet, and I get zero signals of power (Orange LED on the PoE or the Green status light on the Midspan) so I know those power signals are coming from the camera.

I’ve already set up 3 of these Dahua cameras, so I know they default to .108, how to access them, etc.  So I dont think they are missing on my network, it is just never showing up.

Archived