C4 Forums | Control4

Shade automation not available in 'What - Then'

FiveYearMission

Question

Hi,

I have blinds which I can open/close from the Control4 pad or app. I want to set up a 'What-Then' action to close them on a schedule but the option to do this is not available when I go into the 'Then' side of an action. Shades/Blinds is just not listed with my other devices.

Looking at the information online from Control4 this should be a supported action I can set up in 'What-Then' but is missing for me.

Any advice on how I get this added or why it doesn't show up?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, FiveYearMisson said:

Hi,

I have blinds which I can open/close from the Control4 pad or app. I want to set up a 'What-Then' action to close them on a schedule but the option to do this is not available when I go into the 'Then' side of an action. Shades/Blinds is just not listed with my other devices.

Looking at the information online from Control4 this should be a supported action I can set up in 'What-Then' but is missing for me.

Any advice on how I get this added or why it doesn't show up?

Thanks

I'm not sure if you can program this without the Schedule Agent enabled.  The programming would start at the schedule(s) you create there and then choose the blind(s) you want to open/close.  Your dealer would have to add that agent for you, OR, you could add it yourself by using a licenced copy of Composer HE software.  It is a MUCH better tool for programming your system.  The cost is $150 USD and runs on Windows 7 and up.  Also includes a 1 year 4sight licence.  If you're interested, PM me.  I'm a dealer and can sell this.

I can schedule other actions. For example I have a schedule set up to turn on various lights before dusk so I assume this means the Schedule Agent is enabled as you mention. My problem is the 'Blinds' don't appear in the list of items that I can select on the 'Then' list. See attachment. 

When-Then.png

Interesting.  I don't want to guess too much but you will find many limitations with When-->Then until Control4 slowly adds more devices over time.  It has improved but there will ALWAYS be many limitations.   What type of blinds (or driver) are installed?  What OS is your controller on?

On 12/7/2018 at 6:07 AM, FiveYearMission said:

@tcwalker5 forgot to  snswer your question: No the 'Shade' actions do not appear against any other 'Events' such as key presses etc.

Then that seem to imply that it is not related to scheduler, but defining the shades overall.  This is now beyond my capability as an end user.  Seems like you will need to contact the dealer to make sure they set up the shades correctly.

Archived