C4 Forums | Control4

Beginner is setting up a C4 system

robndenver21

Question

Good day to all.  I am new here and new to C4 and hoping to get some general direction.

I have wired the heck out of my newbuilt home and am getting ready to set it up.  I have 13 areas set up for audio (prewired speakers and volume controls), I have a 7.2.2 prewire living room, I have a 11.4.2 prewired theatre room and have 6 areas prewired for video.  My video locations all have 2 cat6 and 1rg6 connection in them.  All my wires are homerun to the basement utility room (audio and video).

With this in mind, there are 3 of us living in the home (2 teenagers and myself).  In general, I don't see a time where there will be more than 3 possible sources being utilized at any one time.  Possibly more than 3 areas, but not more than 3 sources.

I may look at incorporating automation controls for lights, irrigation, doorbell, in the future..but not at the initial onset.

Should i be looking at an EA3 or EA5?

I had one C4 rep evaluate my needs and recommended:  either EA3 or EA5, panamax mr4300 surge protector, Watt Box WB-100-VPS-12 power strip, C4 TSAMS8 8X8 Matrix w/ analog and digital, Audio Control P2660 high current 100x16 amplifier, C4 TS-Amp1-100 100x2 wireless streaming amplifier, Key Digital MS8X8G 8X8 HDMI Matrix w/ 18GBS 4K HDR, Luxul AGS1024 24 Port Gigabit Switch.  All this, plus a 9 shelf rack and the EA5 were quoted at $11,700 including the $550 labor cost.  Each rooms speaker, 4K HDR HDMI Extender over Cat Cable, speaker cut out/install were quoted separately...  

To me, some of this stuff seems overkill when I read up on each item and what it does, but being new to this environment I admit i am a bit overwhelmed in general.

Thoughts from any of you?

thanks in advance for your input

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived