C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Door Station DS2 video quality

timelinex

I had everything installed last week and boy is it a pretty hodge podged together system (since it's them basically rebranding the Helios). At least it looks nice.

Anyways, one of the things I haven't been able to figure out is how to set the quality to the 1280x960 it's advertised as. Everywhere in the options it only goes up to x480. This includes in Composer, on the web gui, and when I connected it to my NVR.

Any help in this regard?

6 hours ago, timelinex said:

I had everything installed last week and boy is it a pretty hodge podged together system (since it's them basically rebranding the Helios). At least it looks nice.

Anyways, one of the things I haven't been able to figure out is how to set the quality to the 1280x960 it's advertised as. Everywhere in the options it only goes up to x480. This includes in Composer, on the web gui, and when I connected it to my NVR.

Any help in this regard?

In Composer HE go to the ds2 and click on “documentation” tab or something like that. Gives instructions on how to log into the ds2 directly via its IP address and has all sorts of settings not offered by composer. Our installer didn’t even know about this. 

14 hours ago, penn65000 said:

In Composer HE go to the ds2 and click on “documentation” tab or something like that. Gives instructions on how to log into the ds2 directly via its IP address and has all sorts of settings not offered by composer. Our installer didn’t even know about this. 

I have already looked at all these settings and there is nothing there that I found that can change this and override the quality settings. That's what I meant by the "web gui". Have you seen where it can be changed there?

Okay got it. Yes I’d meant webui. One thing I’ve found which might help— I had been trying out synology’s nvr software for ip cameras and realized after a few months that symbology was hijacking the c4 camera settings. If you’ve got synology you might check that. 

On 9/9/2018 at 6:33 PM, Cyknight said:

Uhm...

No confirmation at all

DS2 resolution is in fact 1280x960

My video and audio aren't choppy at all - and I have both the previous gen screens and T3 - image is very clear on T3's.....Oh and on the mobile app as well.

This quote is from an old thread and I see you have got it working on x960. Any insight on where you found the setting?

2 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

Okay got it. Yes I’d meant webui. One thing I’ve found which might help— I had been trying out synology’s nvr software for ip cameras and realized after a few months that symbology was hijacking the c4 camera settings. If you’ve got synology you might check that. 

Yea, my NVR software definitely isn't able to change any settings on the camera. When I go into any kind of camera settings, it just errors out and says this camera doesn't support changes. So it uses a straight feed from the DS2 exactly how it is.

1 hour ago, timelinex said:

This quote is from an old thread and I see you have got it working on x960. Any insight on where you found the setting?

The default rtsp should be that resolution. Other streams used inside the intercom and intercom app or for screens may be different, not sure.

Basically, al you would need to do is is use the 'auto config' option and all should be correct on the DS2. From there, the trick is getting the correct connection in the NVR.

ONVIF is now allowed without a license, however using ONVIF can apparently negatively impact the performance of intercom/intercom anywhere, so rtsp is preferred:

rtsp://IP_ADDRESS/h264_stream
Username- root
Password- t0talc0ntr0l4!

36 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

The default rtsp should be that resolution. Other streams used inside the intercom and intercom app or for screens may be different, not sure.

Basically, al you would need to do is is use the 'auto config' option and all should be correct on the DS2. From there, the trick is getting the correct connection in the NVR.

ONVIF is now allowed without a license, however using ONVIF can apparently negatively impact the performance of intercom/intercom anywhere, so rtsp is preferred:

Username- root
Password- t0talc0ntr0l4!

We have the NVR setup exactly as you specified (rtsp).

I don't know about the Autoconfig thing. I will have to check. All I know is that even before changing any settings, it was on x480. I will check again.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:54 AM, Cyknight said:

Username- root
Password- t0talc0ntr0l4!

OK, so I have an update on this.

I checked the entire web gui and I noticed in the RTSP settings it looks like all the options are x480 unless you choose the MJPEG Video stream as the default and use rtsp://IP_ADDRESS/mjpeg_stream . Then there is a x960 option. The problem here is that my NVR just gets a blank feed when this is done. I have inputted the right parameters, but I'm guessing the NVR only accepts H264 or the like.

Can you confirm what stream you are using to get x960?

Archived