C4 Forums | Control4

Uncontrollable max volume

mplsbruin

A couple times in the last 2 months,  while adjusting volume with my control 4, the volume goes to maximum and the controller won't reduce the setting. All I can do is shut my system down. It seems that re-booting the C4 unit in my AV closet will fix things. This behavior occurs both with my satellite feed regular TV (Directv) and with streaming content from Apple TV 4K. I wonder if anyone has had this problem and been able to fix it? Thank you.

The system is an Anthem MRX-520 AV receiver used with Sony 77" OLED. The TV signal is from Directv (satellite) and the streaming video from an Apple 4K TV. The Control4 unit is C4-EA1. I also use an upgraded HDMI extender to communicate to the TV: AV Proconnect AC-EX40-444-T. 

As I said, the problem occurs watching satellite tv and watching streaming video on the tv using the Apple 4K device. It is very infrequent, but very shocking when it happens because the maximum volume is very, very loud.

I don't know if it's related, but my C4 remote often goes into "hour glass" mode and I have to wait until it goes away before I can do anything with the remote. This has no relation to the batteries as it occurs even after new batteries are installed. It also does NOT seem to be related to overuse of the remote. It can be sitting for a long time, un-touched, then when I want to use it, I see the "hour glass" and the remote is un-usable.

Archived