C4 Forums | Control4

Question on keypads

rf9000

Guys,

Can the C4-KCB keypad switches be wired direct to a load and be used as a 2 button light switch? Or if I need to control two loads, can I do a 3 button setup with one load wired direct to the KCB for buttons 1 (on), 2 (off), and then button 3 to control another switch (wired to second load) for on and off?

All done via composer and all buttons can be configured as desired. Also the one you asked about is a low voltage keypad for panelized lighting situations.

The zigbee equivalent is KC120277 (all programing, not hardwiring to their switchs or dimmers)

C4-KD120-WH is a keypad dimmer that controls a load as well as has configurable buttons to program as needed

C4-KA-WH is an aux keypad, hard wires to a switch or dimmer and does no programing and only controls the device it is connected to

So this is basically a switch for a single load. And then can use other buttons to trigger other events? What I meant was could an additional button on the KCB be used to turn on and off another C4 switch. Would not be physically connected to that other C4 switch, of course

3 hours ago, rf9000 said:

Alos, any disadvantage or advantage of using these over the C4-SW120 switches?

I dont believe the wired keypad can be wired to control a load directly.   It is just powered to be on the network and can control other loads that have their own C4 switch /dimmer via programming.   If you want the keypad to also directly control the load, you need the keypad dimmer.   Not sure if this is your question.

KCB is the WIRED keypad for use with panelized lighting - these are NOT rated for 110/220 but are powered by a remote 48v powersupply, and talk over a (wired, hende the name) keybus device.

Auxilliary keypad is for multi-way light load control where a cheap alternative is required. You CANNOT program these keypads, they will ONLY trigger the connected switch or dimmer. They are also NOT backlit or have LED indicators

NORMAL (wireless) Keypads are programmable to do whatever you want, but do NOT directly control a load (in other words if you've got one switch now to control a light, you cannot use them or you'd completely lose control) and are often used in multi-way setups to allow added functions. These are powered by 110/220 (for the picky people, they can indeed be powered low voltage, and yes are often used in a panelized lighting system to boost zigbee)

Archived