C4 Forums | Control4

Configurable Keypad vs Keypad Dimmer

JFan84

I'm new to Control4 and just looking for some clarification between the two keypads.

What is the main difference between between the Configurable keypad and the Keypad Dimmer? 

What is the circumstance to use the configurable Keypad vs the Keypad Dimmer?

The configurable keypad is just that, a keypad. It can not directly control a load. The keypad dimmer is a keypad that can also be directly connected to a load. If you are replacing an existing dumb dimmer or switch that turns a light on and off, you’ll need either a keypad dimmer, an adaptive phase dimmer (no keypad functions) or a a switch (no keypad functions)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply! When looking at the products details of the Configurable Keypad it states that is can control lighting? I guess that whats a bit confusing to me...

"The Control4® Wireless Configurable Keypad is an elegant and customizable user interface that unlocks the power of one-touch automation. The keypad can be configured to control almost anything from your music, garage doors, security systems, lights and more. The keypad can be configured with two to seven buttons using four different button sizes for a total of 37 possible configurations. Personalize the keypads based on how your system is set up using custom backlit engraving on each button. Available in 9 fashionable colors and finishes."

Archived