C4 Forums | Control4

Another Doorbell programing question

ERDrPC

Sorry Everyone

I've been on a programming kick in the last 24hrs and trying to upgrade my programming

Goals

1. If I have to pre-sleep for a night shift then press button on master key pad to set variable to true then if anyone presses the doorbell then the announcement, T3 camera display and OSD camera display will skip the master. The variable will reset to false at midnight so if there is an emergency and someone presses the doorbell then we get the announcement in all rooms

2. Else If the doorbell is pressed during 6pm and 7am then execute with a lower volume announcement as wife thinks it's too loud

3 Else run the normal doorbell announcement

So I've got the keypad button programming and three separate announcements done. I thought I had the doorbird press programing down but I tested with the variable true and the master still executed.

I thing I see is that I'm missing coverage if an overeager person presses the doorbell twice as per a different thread, which I will add in once I get my basic programming done.  

Can anyone point out errors in my logic?

Thanks

Doorbird1.png

doorbird2.png

I tried to nest the if time is between 6pm and 7am so it and the second else so that they would be on one level below the first else but HE wouldn't let me do it.

Do I need stops? The recall takes time so I don't want to prematurely stop during mid-recall

If you want to see cameras on tv navigators, there needs to be another camera jump (and camera selected) after the 'control4' command is sent. The delays in between are a good idea. Right now you'll only see the camera jump work on the touch screens

So here is the updated programming..and it works. I have it broken down by time for low volume then by if exclude master

It allows me to see the doorbird camera on the TS and my front door security cameras on the TVs. Note my doorbird is screwed up and I no longer get push notifications of door bell press and cannot use the TS as intercom - hence this workaround to see the camera on the TS at least.

Only thing left is to account for the over zealous multiple button presser and screwing up the snapshot.

Here is the code

Doorbird1.png

doorbird2.png

You can use a 20 second timer.

At the top of the script below the snapshots reset the timer and start it.

Then make conditionals for when those snapshots are taken that if the timer is not running to take the snapshot since that would imply someone just pressed the button and the script has not fully completed

I'm trying to think thru your suggestion (with delays removed)

If preventdblpress timer is not running

Take Snapshot

Reset preventdblpress timer

Start preventdblpress timer

if time between 6pm and 7pm

if varibles dourbell master exclude true

I think this will prevent the double snapshot. Will it prevent double announcement say if it is pressed again 15sec after first press? I guess we might want to hear the announcement again but without screwing up the snapshot. 

Archived