C4 Forums | Control4

Any News On Updates ?

So with C4 Shares going back into the teens and the Directors making a few "Bucks" selling all there Shares in the Twenty's / Thirty's - After all they do set in meeting about the future.

With CES coming along do we have any news on updates coming (Apple Bridge / Alexa/Apple Remotes / Alexa / Apple Touchscreens )

Or we at the top of hill ? 

Are C4 now hoping Alexa / Apple / Hue etc will keep the ball rolling and they will become a App ? 

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ctrl/insider-trades

Not One Director is Buying Shares 

It's rare directors buy shares and should be. If you were a director why would you?

A key tenet of investing is to be diversified. If the company is writing your pay check, providing you with inventive comp / options based on the stock price etc then why would you also wanting to be betting the house / ranch / farm on it, when you could lose the house / ranch / farm to an unforseen event.

Most smart advise says cash out options when you can and invest in a diversified portfolio.

The stock over the last 30 days is bad - But C4 have dropped from $30 plus a share in September. 

We have had nothing new for over a year (C4 Intercom App was talked about in 2017). 

What do they have coming  - Anything of Interest or are we becoming a App (We have talked about this before) ?  

I`m a end user who likes to spend money and at the moment the last thing I bought was Door Station over year ago,

everything else was over suppliers which worked with the C4 App.

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

So with C4 Shares going back into the teens and the Directors making a few "Bucks" selling all there Shares in the Twenty's / Thirty's - After all they do set in meeting about the future.

With CES coming along do we have any news on updates coming (Apple Bridge / Alexa/Apple Remotes / Alexa / Apple Touchscreens )

Or we at the top of hill ? 

Are C4 now hoping Alexa / Apple / Hue etc will keep the ball rolling and they will become a App ? 

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ctrl/insider-trades

Not One Director is Buying Shares 

Control4 doesn't really do CES. 

1 hour ago, Crustyloafer said:

I will be at ISE on 6th Feb so will find out all the news then. 

Cool will be exhibiting at the show so come see me on stand 10-N130.  You can get in for free using our promo code 413148x

I bet OS 3.0 is due in 2019. 2.x has been out for close to a decade.

I hope the revamp the GUI to be more flexible and add support for ZigBee 3.0 and Light Link - it's funny that Control4 is Zigbee but practically no Zigbee device available works with Control4 - that just doesn't seem wise, I wouldn't even mind if it's a paid option, but ignoring all those possibilities just doesn't seem to be a good idea

Nothing ever gets pre-announced (apart from the clustermess of Intercom Anywhere, which hurt a lot), so there is no news about what is coming at ISE. 

Personally I would like to see a new, high spec remote with voice control, maybe paired with an official AppleTV 4th Gen driver (Savant has recently announced voice control of ATV using their remote - would be cool to do this as C4 was also mentioned at the same Apple keynote that Savant was) and support for other devices that offer voice control (SkyQ is a big one for us).

I think they will bring the V2 panelised lighting to Europe (meaning the network connections can be daisy-chained between modules) and fingers crossed on some nicer keypad finishes.

None of this is based on anything other than what I would like to see, I don't have any super-secret info.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

I heard they may announce a new line of controllers soon which causes me some angst because I bought an EA-3 only a year ago.  

They *just* released the EA V2 controllers, so I doubt this.

I'm hopeful for new remotes, new touchscreens and a new OS with a re-vamped GUI.  Broader Zigbee support would be sweet as well.

I'm a simple man.

Just want Google Home Integration (Google Assistant)

And I want Native Chromecast Audio, just like we have for Shairbridge with AirPlay.

Anything above that would be a bonus.

Don't think 3.0 is that close yet, who knows though.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I heard they may announce a new line of controllers soon which causes me some angst because I bought an EA-3 only a year ago.  

Maybe they meant "remote" controllers. The SR260 could use a little revamp... 🙂

23 hours ago, SMHarman said:

It's rare directors buy shares and should be. If you were a director why would you?

This might be a case of the US and UK speaking a different version of the same language.  I am guessing that by Directors he means Officers that are high ranking employees as well as Non-Executive members of the Board Directors.  In my experience in the UK the term "directors" does include Officers of the company like CEO, and her/his direct reports and maybe another level down.  And they use the term NED Non-Executive Director for independent board members.

The other thing that could use updating is the PC app as it still uses Flash/AIR.  In fact it would be nice if they made this a web "app" so that it would work on Macs as well as PCs - although I don't have a Mac.  Although Bluestacks is another option for a PC based Navigator.

This might be a case of the US and UK speaking a different version of the same language.  I am guessing that by Directors he means Officers that are high ranking employees as well as Non-Executive members of the Board Directors.  In my experience in the UK the term "directors" does include Officers of the company like CEO, and her/his direct reports and maybe another level down.  And they use the term NED Non-Executive Director for independent board members.
I was using it interchangeably with C-suite employees, rather than any specific legalistic term.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:23 AM, blub said:

I bet OS 3.0 is due in 2019. 2.x has been out for close to a decade.

I hope the revamp the GUI to be more flexible and add support for ZigBee 3.0 and Light Link - it's funny that Control4 is Zigbee but practically no Zigbee device available works with Control4 - that just doesn't seem wise, I wouldn't even mind if it's a paid option, but ignoring all those possibilities just doesn't seem to be a good idea

This has ALWAYS been the case. Control4 has added lots of improvements to the ZigBee code since they adopted it. 

For example, they added encryption before ZigBee did. We don't really know the specifics, but I bet there are a lot more.

I wonder when/if they decide to revamp the UI the will move in the direction of what Crestron just announced. I personally do not like having to scroll on a graphic for a control system.

Things I would like to see:

- A tabletop touchscreen that was more in the price range of Google Home. Around $200-$300.

- Include voice recognition in touchscreens and remotes to get rid of Echo dots

- More customization through the app like the ability to add favorite TV channels

26 minutes ago, therockhr said:

I wonder when/if they decide to revamp the UI the will move in the direction of what Crestron just announced. I personally do not like having to scroll on a graphic for a control system.

Things I would like to see:

- A tabletop touchscreen that was more in the price range of Google Home. Around $200-$300.

- Include voice recognition in touchscreens and remotes to get rid of Echo dots

- More customization through the app like the ability to add favorite TV channels

I'd agree - the UI for C4 is lacking.  Needs a refresh.  Something more bright, better organized, etc.  

Archived