C4 Forums | Control4

Ea1 secondary controller issue

I have an EA3 as my main controller running director, my EA1 i can connect to it, use it as a main controller, load a project on it, but when i try to add it as a secondary controller to my ea3 it doesnt show up SDDP and will not identify with the button. Ive tried totally factory defaulting it, still nothing, same as before. Its DHCP on the same Vlan as the EA3, Both were running 2.10.5 now the ea1 is on 2.9.0 after factory. Ive tried turning off director in sys manager on the EA1, also turning off navigator. Ive never seen this issue before and ive added a bunch of ea1's to existing projects with no issues. If anyone has any direction on this i would appreciate it. its literally all i have left at this job

it is hooked up to a TV, it shows the control4 logo and such. I can see its IP and connect to it, load a project on it as its own room, and it operates normal. Its making it a secondary controller that seems to be the miss connection here. Also, on its own, running director, i can SDDP it in network, and also register the controller, literally no issues like as if it was its own room. Strangely i have the same problem backwards too, So if i make my ea1 the main director, the EA3 will do the same exact thing. it will not show up as a connectable device like it cant be seen by the controller running director  

Archived