C4 Forums | Control4

Sr260 Screen brightness

C4S, try shutting off the light sensor and just set the brightness manually.  That might cure that problem.  The issue I had with the dim screen was constant, and never brightened up after time.

I found the light sensor to be "finicky" and my dealer recommended turning it off.

-D

Also, lippavisual, the remote may in fact burn through batteries relatively quickly, but having the rechargeable battery pack pretty much makes this a non-issue.  At the end of the day, just place the remote in the charger, and the batteries are fully charged the next morning.  I have never run out of battery life on my main TV SR260 and also never even think about it.  So I thought this would be a good suggestion for the poster that was burning through AAs.

3 minutes ago, dinom said:

C4S, try shutting off the light sensor and just set the brightness manually.  That might cure that problem.  The issue I had with the dim screen was constant, and never brightened up after time.

I found the light sensor to be "finicky" and my dealer recommended turning it off.

-D

Yeah, mine was pretty useless until I turned off the light sensor and has been great since then...

52 minutes ago, dinom said:

-D

Have turned this off and is now a lot better. Thanks

• 1 year later...

So this past week, I had several clients call and tell me that their remotes are substantially dimm. I checked the units, settings and they all are where they're supposed to be.

So I called Control4 and obviously these are out of warranty (18 months old) and I have to charge the customer to replace them? This should be the most reliable component of a Control4 system, outside of the Controllers, and it is a complete disaster.

I have about 20 remotes I have to RMA (not really because I'm getting charged). I don't know about you, but other dealers probably have the same issue. 

Thing is the SR 250's out in the field all look good. I feel like the SR260 is a huge step backward and it's really a big disappointment for our clients.

1 minute ago, poseidonsystems said:

So this past week, I had several clients call and tell me that their remotes are substantially dimm. I checked the units, settings and they all are where they're supposed to be.

So I called Control4 and obviously these are out of warranty (18 months old) and I have to charge the customer to replace them? This should be the most reliable component of a Control4 system, outside of the Controllers, and it is a complete disaster.

I have about 20 remotes I have to RMA (not really because I'm getting charged). I don't know about you, but other dealers probably have the same issue. 

Thing is the SR 250's out in the field all look good. I feel like the SR260 is a huge step backward and it's really a big disappointment for our clients.

I guess your are not the only one. Mine are dim too, and are older and way out of warranty. Best would be if anyone could find an LCD for a replacement.... so far I haven't found one...

They were doing some kind of reduced cost replacement for out of warranty 260's.  Not sure what the situation is now.  Every old 260 I come across is dim.  A lot of them have charging/battery issues too.  250's are cheaper, brighter and generally reliable.

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

1 of my 2 are dim.  If it’s a know defect they should recall and replace for free.  Even if it’s a refurb model.  Not a discounted price. 

I’m slowly moving over to Neeo’s for this reason... but not cheap and I’ll probably be disappointed at having moved too fast when a Neeo 2 makes its appearance this November (my guess on timing and no, I am not ITK).

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I’m slowly moving over to Neeo’s for this reason... but not cheap and I’ll probably be disappointed at having moved too fast when a Neeo 2 makes its appearance this November (my guess on timing and no, I am not ITK).

If i wanted a NEEO I’d buy a NEEO.  I want an SR260.  I want the hard buttons, backlighting etc 

And after my experience with the SR260 I do not have as much faith in buying a new remote that likely got rushed to the market that was developed for another platform, had 1-2 things changed and then slapped on a new logo and shipped out.  Who knows the long term effectiveness of the NEEO remotes?  I ain’t going to be the guinea pig that’s for sure (even if I did like the form/features which I dont)

i shouldn’t have to repurchase my item or buy a more expensive item if the company is aware of a known defect.  Hence replace dim ones with a new or refurbished SR260.  

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

i shouldn’t have to repurchase my item or buy a more expensive item if the company is aware of a known defect.  Hence replace dim ones with a new or refurbished SR260.  

Preaching to the choir here.  If you think SR-260's are bad, you should try talking to Tesla about the failure rate of the big center touchscreen in Model S cars.  This thing literally has a guaranteed 100% failure rate.  Has an eMMC chip in it that is guaranteed to fail eventually.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.