C4 Forums | Control4

TV auto shut off when Roku is playing

When watching tv through the Roku Ultra, after a given time the system shuts off and I have to use the C4 remote to go back to the source and start the show back to playing. 

The Roku has been tested off network with no issues and it has been updated. Control4 seems to be the only thing left as it is only happening on this tv. 

Im not sure if it’s an auto-shut off as it thinks nothing is playing or if the hdmi switch is going bad. 

So this is all pretty new to me. I’m used to troubleshooting and supporting my computers, network, devices etc so the idea of being forced to have a dealer apply something as simple as a driver is foreign to me. 

From reading through the forum and other sites, it sounds like Roku’s and other streaming boxes require drivers. Though I’m not arguing that point, it just seems odd that it works by all other measurements other than the random timeouts. Sound, hd picture, all components work and then all of a sudden they forget and with a click, or 4, of the remote everything wakes back up and runs fine until the next hiccup. 

Which is why programming or driver configuration was mentioned. 

Everything in your system needs a driver. Tv, roku, AVR. 

Does the room turn off? Or just the tv itself? Meaning when you look at the remote, does it still say Roku under the room name when the tv turns off? Or does that go away?

Archived