C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 - Powering up but not joining network

Hi all, 

I have a DS2 with version:  221

In my previous home it was connected to the network and all was good. In my new home (using the same network IP addy range etc) I am powering with PoE I just cant see it on my network. 

I can confirm:

1. All other devices I picked up and moved i.e x4 EA5's etc just jumped back onto the network when I brought up the network. 
  2. I removed the keypad and performed a reset (using the reset button) device rebooted and heard the "boot up sound"
  3. I removed the driver thinking it may be that and added it back on.
  4. I have checked on my managed switch and can see it is drawing 5v and can physically heard the button presses at night hear the camera shutter and it lights up.
  5. I see communication led's when the keypad is removed flickering.
  6. Confirmed by plugging in another device on that ethernet port that the port is working, can see, browse my network.

What is not happening:

1. It is not getting a DHCP address from my DHCP server - other new devices are. I did delete its static and clear any cache.
  2. If I try an auto config - It does not find the device (DS2)

I can't seem to communicate with it at all even though I know for sure:

1. PoE is working
  2. That point can see the network and with my notebook plugged in I can obtain an IP address from my DHCP server and browse the network.
  3. I reset the device
  4. I deleted and readded the driver.
  5. I tried Auto Config no avail
  6. I scan my network but cannot see the device (have the MAC address from the previous house).

I am lost for what to try so I would really appreciate any guidance on this one!

Archived