C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmers and Keypad Reset

ILoveControl

Question

Hi all 

Who would of thought that moving houses was easy. I picked up all my networking gear and equipment plugged it in at the new house and everything pretty much works. I did the same with all my dimmers, switches and keypads - however these do not work. I am thinking that resetting and reidentifying these would do the trick?

Could anyone post how to reset normal dimmers, light switches and keypads (both Dimmer Keypads and normal Keypads).

I would really appreciate it. I am assuming this is the issue.

8 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

Hi all 

Who would of thought that moving houses was easy. I picked up all my networking gear and equipment plugged it in at the new house and everything pretty much works. I did the same with all my dimmers, switches and keypads - however these do not work. I am thinking that resetting and reidentifying these would do the trick?

Could anyone post how to reset normal dimmers, light switches and keypads (both Dimmer Keypads and normal Keypads).

I would really appreciate it. I am assuming this is the issue.

it doesn't matter what you do to reset them because you need a dealer to add them back to the system

12 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

For those that need the help to do the same here is a article off google search

Looks like quite an old article, but does sound like a dealer is the answer... if a dealer has given you access to Pro, then I am sure they will also give you the reset procedure. / kB article... 13-4-13 also comes to mind.

Not quite sure how I feel about this... would love to have Pro, but also know that it is best to play within the rules and the current rules are ‘no Pro for you or I...’

Archived