C4 Forums | Control4

Dual Coil Speaker issue

eggzlot

I purchased this speaker: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/ns-ics600/features.html

My electrician ran the 14/4 wire and hooked up the wire, I hooked it up to the C4 amp at the end.

The music instruments itself (guitars, drums, bass, etc) sound fantastic.  The vocals sound very distant and almost tinny/echoing.  I know what to expect from a $150 speaker but I am shocked how good the music sounds and how trash the vocals are in the mix.

My electrician said Left channel is Red + and Black - and the Right Channel is Green + and White -

Could it be on the speaker he flipped something?  I dont want to blow the speaker, the amp, etc so I am not just going to start pulling wires.  I had enough slack so I did re cut/insert the wires into the Phoenix cables on the C4 amp.  Same issue.  Using c4 amp (model prior to triad) and also a VS CMX Switch.  Think its a setting in the hardware?  Take down speaker and make adjustment or play with the wiring?

Too may moving pieces to troubleshoot at once so wondering if anyone has suggestions.

Archived