C4 Forums | Control4

Watch Button Input

Dale Earnhardt

Question

Currently, I press the "watch" button and select "Satellite" to watch TV.  Audio and Video is run through a Denon receiver and this process selects the HDMI 1 input for CBL/SAT on the receiver. Well, something has gone wrong with this input and I've had to move the HDMI cable to the "Media" input on the receiver in order to watch TV.  In doing this, each time I try to watch TV I have to use the receiver remote to change the input to "media".  What I'm looking to do is re-program Control4 so that when I want to watch TV it turns on the TV, receiver and selects the "Media" input instead of the CBL/SAT input.

4 answers to this question

Currently, I press the "watch" button and select "Satellite" to watch TV.  Audio and Video is run through a Denon receiver and this process selects the HDMI 1 input for CBL/SAT on the receiver. Well, something has gone wrong with this input and I've had to move the HDMI cable to the "Media" input on the receiver in order to watch TV.  In doing this, each time I try to watch TV I have to use the receiver remote to change the input to "media".  What I'm looking to do is re-program Control4 so that when I want to watch TV it turns on the TV, receiver and selects the "Media" input instead of the CBL/SAT input.
You need a dealer to make the change. I am Happy to help.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 1/31/2019 at 8:11 PM, Dale Earnhardt said:

you could program around this but its a pain. what happened to the original input?

for programming do when video selection change

if Cable box

wait 6 seconds

set input on denon to input.

The easiest way would be to go into your Denon menu and change the HDMI input number associated with cbl/sat and make it the input number you currently have it plugged into that is assigned to Media Player. No change in programming required.

Archived