C4 Forums | Control4

Wolf Oven Appliance Module Functionality

dw886

It doesn't seem that there's a ton of information available about the CardAccess appliance module for Wolf ovens on the forum.  Most of the posts are people that don't have compatible ovens. 

With a compatible oven, what functionality do you gain?  Is there the ability to pre-heat the oven from your phone?  This is something that you *can* do with Wolf's latest wifi version, but I can't tell if the older C4 method via the card access module allows for this.

In the C4 card access driver, there's a "Mode", but it's grayed out - looks like it may read the status, but that it may not be allowed to change it.  Within the programming section, it looks like the only interaction you can have with the driver is to "Set Energy Event Begin" and "Set Energy Event End"...

Anyone with experience have any insight into what you actually can do to interact with the appliance?

I have wolf ovens, but decided against the C4 integration.  If you decide to integrate your wolf products into C4, I would love to hear what your experience is.  That said, i do think it would be nice to be able to see and adjust the temperature zones in my sub-zero wine refrig.

• 2 weeks later...

I

26 minutes ago, dw886 said:

Is there any documentation of the functionality gained with the appliance module in terms of connecting an oven?

I'm having modules installed literally as we speak.  There will be modules for the fridge, freezer, oven and drawer fridges.  

According to the wolf rep I can remote start ovens, monitor temps, etc.

I'll report back on what it can and cannot do in both the native app and C4.

1 minute ago, tcwalker5 said:

I

I'm having modules installed literally as we speak.  There will be modules for the fridge, freezer, oven and drawer fridges.  

Perfect. I really would like the ability to remote start the oven, but the driver doesn't make it look like that's possible.  Very interested to hear your feedback.  Thanks!

I

Thank you! Very interest in your opinion of the value of the interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Pounce said:

Same. I was under the impression this was not possible.

Remote start is possible with the native Wolf / Sub Zero app as long as your oven has WiFi from what I can understand - you need to do a button sequence before you leave home to put it into a state where it will take a remote command, and any opening of the oven door cancels it. 

My oven does not have wifi, but has the custom C4 control panel where I can hook up the CardAccess appliance module via a network cable - I'm assuming it's some sort of serial communication, although my appliance dealer has no idea or experience with it...

I was hoping that C4 integration would get me close to the native app experience without shelling out $5k for a new oven. 🙂

On 2/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, tcwalker5 said:

I

Please do let us know what functionality is available with Wolf Ovens and Subzero Rerig.  So far I have held off integrating, but if the functionality is there to start the oven, it might be worth it.  Thank you.

i purchased my appliances a year ago.  I'm not sure if today's appliances come with WiFi built in.  The module i pictured above is a sub-zero module, but was purchased after the fact.

I have come to learn that the driver that was mentioned previously on this forum was for a discontinued module.  There is no C4 driver available today for this specific module.  So for now, we can only use the consumer app on a mobile device.  I'm hopeful it will change soon.

i purchased my appliances a year ago.  I'm not sure if today's appliances come with WiFi built in.  The module i pictured above is a sub-zero module, but was purchased after the fact.
I have come to learn that the driver that was mentioned previously on this forum was for a discontinued module.  There is no C4 driver available today for this specific module.  So for now, we can only use the consumer app on a mobile device.  I'm hopeful it will change soon.
Where did you buy the module from? Was your appliance dealer able to order it separately or is there somewhere that you recommend?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 2/9/2019 at 8:02 AM, C4 User said:

I have wolf ovens, but decided against the C4 integration.  If you decide to integrate your wolf products into C4, I would love to hear what your experience is.  That said, i do think it would be nice to be able to see and adjust the temperature zones in my sub-zero wine refrig.

I just ordered a refrigerator &wine refrigerator so I’m interested in this. If you’ve learned anything I’d like to know. I’ll also check with Sub-Zero to see what I can find. 

I'm having the remaining modules installed tomorrow.  Turns out the firmware was incorrect on the ones I had previously, so it required them to be swapped out.

If successful, I will have modules for the following:

Wolf Steam Oven
Wolf Oven
Subzero Integrated Refrigerator
Subzero Integrated Freezer
Subzero dual drawer Refrigerator

All that being said, the C4 integration does not exist today.  I understand that it is in the works and will be released at a later date.  Until then, we are limited to the mobile app.

• 10 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, tcwalker5 said:

I'm having the remaining modules installed tomorrow.  Turns out the firmware was incorrect on the ones I had previously, so it required them to be swapped out.

If successful, I will have modules for the following:

Wolf Steam Oven
Wolf Oven
Subzero Integrated Refrigerator
Subzero Integrated Freezer
Subzero dual drawer Refrigerator

All that being said, the C4 integration does not exist today.  I understand that it is in the works and will be released at a later date.  Until then, we are limited to the mobile app.

Did this driver ever come out?  It looks like it should have, based upon this write-up on Sub-Zero's site, but I don't see any updated drivers.

https://www.subzero-wolf.com/assistance/answers/control4-home-automation

I just happened to notice my. new SubZero Refrigerator says it has WiFi.  My dealer doesn't know anything about it, what a surprise.  I have a wine refrigerator also but nothing listed on it - why wasn't any of this promoted when I purchased them??  Their Customer Service centers are very good, but not all their dealers know the products as well as they should.

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.