C4 Forums | Control4

SR-260 Update

jamesc4

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I was told, there is a V2 firmware patch.  It suppose the fix an issue where some SR260 remotes emit a squealing sound and includes the fix from the V1 patch.  

V1: fixes an issue where the battery level is not properly showing full-charge status when removed from the recharge station. Also addresses an issue where an hourglass would be displayed on the screen, requiring a power cycle of the remote to regain full control.

... Whoah there...
....wait...
"Started to update all on it's own..."
No can't be...!!!
Surely not.....????

This isn't the first time or last time. Whenever there are a low risk but high impact defect control4 does rollout patches. If you have that enabled on okyour customer account.

But be ill informed and make incorrect comments

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SY3 said:

From what I was told, there is a V2 firmware patch.  It suppose the fix an issue where some SR260 remotes emit a squealing sound and includes the fix from the V1 patch.  

V1: fixes an issue where the battery level is not properly showing full-charge status when removed from the recharge station. Also addresses an issue where an hourglass would be displayed on the screen, requiring a power cycle of the remote to regain full control.

We had the squealing sound in one sr260. We replaced it. Guess it was a waste of money if this firmware update addresses it. 

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

This isn't the first time or last time. Whenever there are a low risk but high impact defect control4 does rollout patches. If you have that enabled on okyour customer account.

But be ill informed and make incorrect comments

LOL well I'll be darned...!!

Nobody has ever told me that.

My dealer, you, anyone here on C4 forums,  and I've been around here nearly 10 years!

So why has there been all the secrecy? 🤣

oh I like this thread.. 'cause it busts the whole cult wide open...
Just think about the underlying ramifications of all this folks... 

It's been like that for years. But it's not a major update usage.

Sure it's a major issue!

Think about it for a minute..

What's a "critical" update?

And why are just "critical updates" allowed?

If the argument is - "well you need a dealer to do a complete firmware update because the whole process is too difficult", why is that?

Is it because the firmware hasn't been tested properly? there are bugs?..that need sorting by a dealer?

If that is that is  case, why are they releasing buggie or untested firmware too early on the end user?

And making them pay for essentially testing it?.....

Archived