C4 Forums | Control4

SR-260 Update

jamesc4

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

I already answered that WAP.

No I do not find it unreasonable for anyone to desire information.

Desire for something does NOT equal a right, not to mention that TIMELY MANNER is a matter of opinion. So would be who's responsibility it is to provide that information, or if it should be something GIVEN or ASKED for.

Ok direct question no4.

As of c 2019 and the world of software security patches.

What is regarded as as an acceptable industry standard for the  "delay of a critical upgrade?" 

Question 6.

And this is a qualitative question.

It's kind of a "herd immunity" question. It comes up a lot with the issue of mass immunisation. 

The issue of common good. In mass Immunisation there is an argument for "common good"

I have never heard that for software. 

But maybe there is an issue here?

As long as no collective harm comes to anyone else involved with the Control4 platform.

Can anyone state how it would be anyone else's concern- other user, other dealer, Control4 itself - no matter -

if the onus to upgrade is handed over to the owner of a hardware platform -

In other words is there any collective issue (to the operation of other's systems or to "the whole common good") if an individual owner, upgrades (or fails to upgrade) their software (running on their own platform) - themselves ?

56 minutes ago, Pounce said:

I think I'm lost. What are you trying to prove at the moment? You are all over the place.

No I am not.

I have been accused of all sorts of things...

This is classic cult like behaviour ..whenever any one questions the cult they get accused of things like "being all over the place"...

I am now asking direct questions because another user on the forum objected  (to the indirect approach)

I have called out BS to the lock down of firmware upgrades to dealers... 

I have used this thread as one example why this is IMO (but I have mentioned others) 

I have stated now in two different ways why this is BS.. All again in my opinion.

first I tried the abstract ... 

Now the direct

Would you care to answer any of the above direct questions?

Particularly q6..

You seem an intelligent chap.. and say you work in software. 

Rather than divert to personal comments

Your expertise in software is relevant to the questions... partic 6

Would you Kindly go ahead and have a go at answering any of the questions?

Thank You !

You do realize that you have crafted questions that serve your own delusions, right? When this mania wears off take another look at what you have written.

In all these years you still haven't figured out that it takes about 2 minutes to have all the control over your firmware you want? Maybe your google is broken.

You agreed to dealer model when you got your system. I guess you don't like keeping up your side of the agreement.

9 hours ago, wappinghigh said:

Direct question 3.

Would there be any direct threat to anyone else's Control4 project, Control4's servers, the platform as a whole, IP theft etc - if an end user crashed or broke their own project updating firmware themselves?  

Nope, but if you had the ability to update/crash your system yourself you would likely want the ability to call into tech support as well.  The prospect of you calling into tech support is probably reason enough for control4 to never allow this :)

Not to bring this topic back up again because it's so far off track - I read through 5 pages of this topic but not much deals with the remotes. 

Back to the meat of the conversation here, what's the firmware version that has the update? 

My remotes are either on 2.1.109 or 2.1.104.  I have one remote that does the high-pitched squeal, so I want to make sure that I have that remote on the latest firmware.

11 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

2.1.117 is the latest for the SR260 remotes.  Don't tell WAP 😀

Thanks!  So is there a way to force it to update?  I have the setting for automatically apply critical updates turned on, but it doesn't look like I got .117.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 7:05 AM, msgreenf said:

1 have a dealer run the auto patcher.
2 have a dealer upgrade you to 2.10.6 which had the patch

I asked my dealer to upgrade my controller to 2.10.6.  Done!

Unfortunately, that did not push the firmware upgrade to the SR260.  Still on 109 vs 117. This high-pitched whining noise is incredibly annoying and I really need it to go away.

Dealer asked me to remove batteries while remote is near controller.  Done, but still no upgrade.  Can one of you dealers write me a sentence I can forward to my dealer, instructing them what to do, so this firmware upgrade to the remotes gets pushed.  Thx!

7 hours ago, spartacusmcfly said:

I asked my dealer to upgrade my controller to 2.10.6.  Done!

Unfortunately, that did not push the firmware upgrade to the SR260.  Still on 109 vs 117. This high-pitched whining noise is incredibly annoying and I really need it to go away.

Dealer asked me to remove batteries while remote is near controller.  Done, but still no upgrade.  Can one of you dealers write me a sentence I can forward to my dealer, instructing them what to do, so this firmware upgrade to the remotes gets pushed.  Thx!

run the manual updater

I have tried the following approaches multiple times with no success:

1. Removed & replaced SR-260 batteries while near controller.

2. Powered off & on controller while remotes nearby.

3. Powered off & on controller while also replacing batteries on remotes at same time.

Batteries on remotes are fully charged.

Controller running: 2.10.6.558226

A dealer was nice enough to send me a screen shot confirming the V3 patch will solve my issue, but I just can't find a way to push the V3 (2.1.117) upgrade.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jcfhcflrbkib63/Screenshot 2019-03-10 08.37.24.png?dl=0

Any thoughts?

My dealer performed the following and it finally worked.  All three remotes now running .117.   High-pitched noise no longer coming from any of the remotes.  Thx to all!

Dealer Action: I logged in and changed the ZigBee channel then sent a refresh navigators command to have the remotes reboot.

Archived