C4 Forums | Control4

Amana ComfortNet

cdepaola

Having an Amana AMVM97 Modulating, Variable-Speed ECM Gas Furnace installed in a week or so. This unfortunately means I’ll need to ditch the Ecobee as it doesn’t support modulating variable speed setups.

Anyone have an Amana ComfortNet thermostat integrated?

Ultimately it’s not a big deal but the wife like as much in C4 as possible, she likes one interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing at all?

The Amana/Goodman/Diken thermostat is basically a Honeywell Prestige IOQ programmed to work with Amana. It is RedLINK capable. I know there are RedLINK drivers just don’t know if the will work with Goodman/Amana. This is a fairly popular and one of the top brands for residential hvac. Has to be some
Solution available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Doesn't sound like its as popular as you think.  The only time I've heard the name Amana was when I was looking at refrigerators and they were cheeeaaappp.

Or you don't know much about the HVAC industry...

Daikin, the mother ship of Amana/Goodman, is one of the largest producers of hvac systems in the world. Estimates are that 40% of all U.S. residential hvac systems are produced by Daikin/Goodman/Amana.  Amana currently offers the industries best furnace and the only one with a lifetime warranty on its heat exchanger, which if it goes out they replace the entire furnace not just the exchanger.

• 2 years later...

I've been using the Honeywell *Now Resideo* RedLink Driver for my Amana Modulating furnaces for about 5 years and it's been reliable.  It only gives you basic control of temperature and fan - which is really all you need.

I own an HVAC Distribution company and distribute for Daikin-Goodman/Amana .  I also co-own an alarm/integration company though have focused on Commercial so haven't become a C4 dealer yet. 

The Goodman brand of Daikin is still is at least #2 in market share - but it tends to be new construction/lower end models without communications so I think integration hasn't been a priority.  In 2012,  Carrier filed a lawsuit against Goodman (Amana is a licensed brand name and Daikin now owns Goodman) The suit claimed a patent violation in their communicating "ComfortNet" that I believe was co-developed with Honeywell.   There was a settlement in 2017 and  I'm not sure what the terms were, but since the settlement,  Daikin/Goodman  abandoned their ComfortNet and they've since created "ComfortBridge" which I've not delved into yet but it doesn't seem to be nearly as robust.  Carrier still seems to lead in technology, but they command quite the premium for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.