C4 Forums | Control4

My First System

jmoran22

I am about to purchase my first Control4 HC-300 - I have some concerns that I am not using it to the max though. I purchased these items as add on's to my current system (7.1 Intergra DTR-5.9, Paradigm Sorround Sound, Projector,screen, DVD Player, Gaming Systems). My order is for 2 dimmers, thermostat, 400 disc dvd player, LG BlueRay DVD. Should I get IPod Dock? Use a USB Hard Drive with MP3's? Rhapsody? Another speaker point? Is it worth the Security Camera and door bell? Looking for advice on just about anything.

BASICALLY - if you had to do it all over is there something that you couldnt live with. Thanks - Sorry again - I am brand new to this and kind of overwhelmed with the amount this system can do for me.

I am about to purchase my first Control4 HC-300 - I have some concerns that I am not using it to the max though. I purchased these items as add on's to my current system (7.1 Intergra DTR-5.9, Paradigm Sorround Sound, Projector,screen, DVD Player, Gaming Systems). My order is for 2 dimmers, thermostat, 400 disc dvd player, LG BlueRay DVD. Should I get IPod Dock? Use a USB Hard Drive with MP3's? Rhapsody? Another speaker point? Is it worth the Security Camera and door bell? Looking for advice on just about anything.

BASICALLY - if you had to do it all over is there something that you couldnt live with. Thanks - Sorry again - I am brand new to this and kind of overwhelmed with the amount this system can do for me.

I think you can answer a lot of these questions on your own... do you want something to happen when the doorbell rings? Do you want cameras?? Do you want to use an iPod dock?? You can just copy the stuff over to a nas...

Don't think theres enough info really.

I used C4 in ~4000 sq ft house, and now in a ~10000 sq ft and I stayed with C4 rather then going Crestron, just for the fact that C4 does everything that *I* want it to do.

I don't want Rhapsody, but you might want to !!! It's up to you:)

Just start small, you dont have to get it all at once. The beauty of it is modular. You can start with one tv and a few components like a DVD player/vcr, etc. and a dimmer, and you can expand when you're ready. The release of the HC-200 has definately made it easier to dip your toes in the water, and not regret purchasing it later when you want to jump in head first.

Archived