C4 Forums | Control4

c4forums.com Suggestions, Updates, & Requests

Taylor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Taylor,

We removed the 60 second wait time between posts as well as the wait time to perform searches. Thanks for letting us know.

We will look into not displaying the messages posted by yourself as listing as new.

Thanks for the input, anything else let us know.

Also, there is a weird thing going on with the New Post cookies. I don't know what the issue is, but it keeps telling me that my own posts are new. Any chance of fixing this?

New Post and Read post issue fixed. Posts written by yourself do not show up as new posts, and as soon as you read a post, it's no longer marked as new.

@sfleck - user-experience is important and we really love intuitive design. Please let us know if you think of any ways we can make this site better.

Keep the link at the top of the screen that says "Show all posts since last logon". I like that - but having to keep back out of a message to re-click it is a pain (see http://mdaoe.com/smf/index.php for an example of what I'm saying).

Thanks,

Shawn

but having to keep back out of a message to re-click it is a pain (see http://mdaoe.com/smf/index.php for an example of what I'm saying).

Shawn,

I'm not sure i'm following. You want us to keep the "show all posts since last logon" on top - this I believe I understand. I'm not sure how you would like us to resolve the issue you're experiencing. Maybe detailing the trouble your facing further would help me understand? Please explain further. Thanks very much.

Keep 'em coming.

Please separate the IR and serial code topics as none of the current posts are marked as to what they are.

In an effort to keep drivers categorized and the forums simple to navigate, check out the driver section now and see if that simplifies things. Thanks.

I mean, I guess that'll work as long as everyone conforms, but I don't see that happening. I'd personally rather not have to browse through a ton of IR drivers looking for serial drivers once there are a lot more posts. JMHO

OK. Fixed. Is this better, do you think?

Personally, I think it's fantastic! Thanks! Man, I hope Control4 takes note of what great response to dealer requests looks like! What has it been since we've been asking for driver posting at Control4? 6 MONTHS? and what do we get when they "update" their site? NOTHING.

Hey Wired,

We actually have been in touch with Control4 for months now about their forums. We even offered to manage and rebuild their forums.

They have been telling us that they were working on them, but to be honest they have a tremendous amount on their plate with the product as is.

I would love this community to build up to the point where C4 doesn't have to worry about it, it's an area that they need to grow to but will take alot of time.

For now we would love to become the source for the best information, so ANYTHING that can make this place better we are on it.

Thanks so much for your support

Dunno if you got my e-mail or not, but I think some kind of system to show what Threads have had PROBLEMS SOLVED and which posts were the solution and problem.

Meaning :

Taylor: Why can't my computer connect to the director?

Guest: What version of composer are you using?

Taylor: The good version.

aslezak: Silly man, your computer is turned off!

Taylor: DOH, that's what it was.

PROBLEM

SOLUTION

Anyway, something along those lines. I don't know if this is possible for this type of forum (i saw something similar in another forum) but it was super helpful for me to kind of skim through posts when I didn't have time.

In any case, I'll do it for my own posts, but somekind of addon would be sweet.

Dunno if you got my e-mail or not, but I think some kind of system to show what Threads have had PROBLEMS SOLVED and which posts were the solution and problem.

Meaning :

Taylor: Why can't my computer connect to the director?

Guest: What version of composer are you using?

Taylor: The good version.

aslezak: Silly man, your computer is turned off!

Taylor: DOH, that's what it was.

PROBLEM

SOLUTION

Anyway, something along those lines. I don't know if this is possible for this type of forum (i saw something similar in another forum) but it was super helpful for me to kind of skim through posts when I didn't have time.

In any case, I'll do it for my own posts, but somekind of addon would be sweet.

Hey Taylor,

We implemented Marking of Posts as Resolved or Unresolved in the bottom right of each message you posted. It displays as a check or a question mark.

Let me know how that works out for you

Archived