C4 Forums | Control4

7" Touch screen stopped working

spoonman56

Got my new 7" touch screen Monday, and everything was great until this afternoon. My dealer is comming tomorrow morning but we are having people over tonight and I wanted to "show it off...:D"

It appears to have lost contact with the director.

Is there a way to reboot it ? Should I ? Power off ?

Thank you in advance.

If you look at the back of the wireless touch pad you will see a little tiny hole. This is the reset switch. You will need to take a paper clip, or something the same size as a paper clip, put it in the hole and press the button. You will see the white Control4 screen and the keypad will reboot.

When I need to do this it is usually something to do with my wireless router/AP. I will normally power cycle it and then reset my touchpad.

If you look at the back of the wireless touch pad you will see a little tiny hole. This is the reset switch. You will need to take a paper clip, or something the same size as a paper clip, put it in the hole and press the button. You will see the white Control4 screen and the keypad will reboot.

When I need to do this it is usually something to do with my wireless router/AP. I will normally power cycle it and then reset my touchpad.

Silly goose. He said he wanted to show it off last night, not today when his dealer is coming. :P

Well, at least now he will know for future reference.

Nothing worse than spending a lot of money on a new toy and not being able to show it off to your friends... Except spending all that money on a new toy which you convinced your wife she couldn't live without, and not being able to show it off to her when she wants to see it.

If you look at the back of the wireless touch pad you will see a little tiny hole. This is the reset switch. You will need to take a paper clip' date=' or something the same size as a paper clip, put it in the hole and press the button. You will see the white Control4 screen and the keypad will reboot.

When I need to do this it is usually something to do with my wireless router/AP. I will normally power cycle it and then reset my touchpad.[/quote']

Silly goose. He said he wanted to show it off last night, not today when his dealer is coming. :P

All of the above.

Dealer came this morning, put pin in back, reset wireless router and all is good.

Had to settle with describing all the great features of the screen to my friends last night. Lost of "sure, sure wow's"

Might as well have pulled off my socks and done a puppet show.

Why can't this gear be a little more reliable.........

The 7inch stopped working again today. Unplugged the airport and still nothing.

The screen froze and I couldn't do anything. Put the pin in the back again and all is well.

Is this normal? It seems strange.

Might have your dealer update you to 1.7.3.68 to see if it resolves some of your issues.

^Really? You don't ever move the unit in&out of WiFi range? What are interpreting as a "freeze"? Anytime the unit has to reconnect, after initial boot-up connect, to the director should be interpreted as a "freeze" (or a block as C4 called it) just prior to that event. Up until the maintenance patch of a few weeks ago, this happened 100% of the time. Now, during a disconnect/reconnect you can do some browsing which isn't technically a "freeze".

There was/is a problem, hence the patch for this piece.

^Really? You don't ever move the unit in&out of WiFi range? What are interpreting as a "freeze"? Anytime the unit has to reconnect, after initial boot-up connect, to the director should be interpreted as a "freeze" (or a block as C4 called it) just prior to that event. Up until the maintenance patch of a few weeks ago, this happened 100% of the time. Now, during a disconnect/reconnect you can do some browsing which isn't technically a "freeze".

There was/is a problem, hence the patch for this piece.

I know he has a 7" in-wall but I can't remember if he has a portable or not.

• 8 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived