C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody audio error

steve23

For the past several days I cannot play music from Rhapsody. I get "Audio Error: Communications Error" in the bottom right hand corner of the touch panel. I have a network connection, can access Rhapsody playlists but when "play" is touched I get the error and no audio. Rhapsody music works fine on my computer and C4 music is OK.

I have rebooted twice - no help. Does anyone know what the issue is and/or if there is a fix to this?

Thank you for the response.

I followed your advice and yes, it is online.

I can surf Rhapsody from the touch screen for playlists, songs, etc. I just can't play them

I have also tried logging out and back in from the touchscreen - and the problem remains.

Any advice on what to do next?

I have the same problem, and there has been another user here with the same unresolved problem.

C4 guys, this problem with "audio: communication error" seems to be spreading. Help would be appreciated. I sent emails to the dealer, only advice were systematic reboots of the entire system, which are painful, but I did them twice and nothing happened. The rhapsody search works (meaning internet is up, and rhapsody account is active) and play from computer works, too.

In my case, important side effect is that once this error happens with Rhapsody, audio will not work even from the disk (with the same message) until the system reboots.

Audio from announcements (door bell) works always.

I have a large system with director on HC-500 and zigbee on a different HC-300. BTW, I am still on 1.6 OS (I believe never updated since last Fall).

Any help?

I had same problem couple of days ago, I can't tell what exactly what fixed it b/c I did 3 things, upgraded c4 to latest version, (it was running 1.6 still ) reset rhapsody password (customer didn't remember any info, and I wanted to be sure account is correct) and when I was able to use Rhapsody on pc I removed rhapsody agent from c4 system and re added it with new password. Works fine, will see for how long

I would not think much is needed unless your LAN is at fault. Simply re-enter your credentials (no removal of agent) through your 7" or CHE again. Rhap has been online for 6 straight days here (there is a finite amount of Christmas music afterall) with no issues.

I am the author of the original post. My system is now working with Rhapsody and the fix was upgrading the C4 firmware from 1.6 to 1.7.4. The problem was not my network connection nor my Rhapsody account or login.

Thanks to this great forum and all who offered help.

Archived