C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 waiting for network

So I eventually updated to 1.8.2. Had a few problems but dealer and me sorted it out. Just one issue now, my sr250 is showing "waiting for network". This is the first time my dealer is doing it and it took more than 7 hours. I know you guys have had this problem so I need some help. At least just to give my dealer a rest cause I have been a pain.

The ebernet update went fine. On Zigbee its says offline. We have tried 4 times red 4. The reboot code all so. Could someone pls explain step by step?

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded to 1.8.2 today, same thing happened.. I made sure I had the channel written down for my original zigbee network.

Completed the update on the HC-300 and the SR-250. then all I got was waiting for network, so I removed both devices from my system design, then readded them, reidentified the HC-300, then reset up the zigbee server to the original settings. I was then able to identify the SR-250 and have it join the ZigBee pro network.. Then i refreshed my navigators, and voila!

I hope that made sense. And your dealer should have had documentation from the Composer Pro CD, I used that documentation to double check everything I was doing, it was a very thorough guide.

I am not sure what happened tonight, but my SR-250 stopped working. It may have been a result of an inadvertent sequence of entries on the remote keypad, but the only message displayed now on the screen of the remote is "waiting for network." I read through the above posts on this topic, but I am a fairly new user of the Control4 system and I do not understand what worked for the above user or if his problem relates to mine.

I am not sure what happened tonight, but my SR-250 stopped working. It may have been a result of an inadvertent sequence of entries on the remote keypad, but the only message displayed now on the screen of the remote is "waiting for network." I read through the above posts on this topic, but I am a fairly new user of the Control4 system and I do not understand what worked for the above user or if his problem relates to mine.

First thing to try is putting a fresh set of batteries in.

@ Neil - I had tried powering off the controller, but that didn't change things.

@dgbrown - I had removed/reinstalled the batteries, but couldn't imagine that they had enough power to flash "waiting for network" every 5 seconds and be incapable of operating the controller. I had left them out when nothing semed to work so as to not wear them down (further), but that was what was needed. 4 new batteries and the remote is again functioning as normal. Maybe that is why it is called Control4. Thank you.

I still have a similar issue with mine, I get the waiting for network sometimes, and other times I push buttons like skip for the tivo and nothing happens so I push the button a couple of times, still nothing await a bit and all of the buttons I pushed happen at once so then I get 3-4 skip commands in a row, no one has been able to come up with an answer yet

I still have a similar issue with mine, I get the waiting for network sometimes, and other times I push buttons like skip for the tivo and nothing happens so I push the button a couple of times, still nothing await a bit and all of the buttons I pushed happen at once so then I get 3-4 skip commands in a row, no one has been able to come up with an answer yet

Buy an HC1000 V3 :D

But, before you do that, try installing a CA repeater in the room you are having this difficulty. I have done this with 100% success in areas you would think are saturated with Zigbee. It amazes me that the pros don't do a RF pattern characterization of their installs to ensure no come-backs related to this.

With out knowing the density of your zigbee mesh - is there any chance you may have some interference ? Any cordless phones operating in the 2.4 ghz spectrum nearby ?

thanks for the replies, I am sitting 9 feet from the HC300 and Media controller, no cordless phones in the theater at all, the only other things in the room are the receiver, projector, sony disk changer, Oppo BR player, so I dont think any of these components would cause interference, this just started to happen about 2 months ago, there have been no changes to the system for over a year, I have not been able to narrow down what it could be but it drives me nuts at times

So, can I take it to mean that HC-300 in the Theater is running ZAP? In other words, is that the only controller in your project?

the HC300 is running the Zigbee server, I do have a MC but only use it for the relays and contacts, and yes the HC300 is in the theater about 9 feet from where I sit

I give-up. This problem has come up a million times and no dealer here has anything remotely close to a solution. Personally, I have not experienced what you are going through. My issues have always been RF "holes" that slow key-stroke performance or stop the unit dead until in-range of strong RF.

I give-up. This problem has come up a million times and no dealer here has anything remotely close to a solution. Personally, I have not experienced what you are going through. My issues have always been RF "holes" that slow key-stroke performance or stop the unit dead until in-range of strong RF.

Thats what I'm finding, no none knows how to fix it, many have seen it but there is no fix as far as I can find

About the only other I can add is awhile ago, I experienced the key-stroke "catch-up" thingy but that was before I enabled two ZAPs to cover multiple floors. This is why I'm pushing the RF theory heavily.

I am also encountering this issue on an intermittent basis. I have had my dealer in quite a few times to try and fix the issue without much success. Most of the times removing the batteries and putting the batteries back in works but there are occasions where it doesn't work. My HC300 sits in the basement almost directly below our main living room. To strengthen the ZipBee network my dealer added in a Control4 Wireless Outlet Dimmer in the basement and then directly above in our living room another one. We have also been upgraded to the Composer 1.8.2 version of the software. It usually happens on the weekend and mostly at night around 7pm.

From reading previous posts it mentions about cordless phones, we do have a Dect 6.0 Cordless phone/answering machine in the room which I am not sure is causing issues.

Not sure what to try as it doesn't happen all the time, and our dealer has tried a few things but overall I am one frustrated C4 user and if I could I would use it as a boat anchor.

Any advice or tidbits would be great.

Archived