• Create Account

Welcome to the New c4Forums.com!

We will be enhancing the platform daily now that we are officially online. You can read and discuss the new platform here or for access issues please email c4forums@c4forums.com. Thanks!

Photo

SR250 waiting for network

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 neildilgee

neildilgee

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:52 AM

So I eventually updated to 1.8.2. Had a few problems but dealer and me sorted it out. Just one issue now, my sr250 is showing "waiting for network". This is the first time my dealer is doing it and it took more than 7 hours. I know you guys have had this problem so I need some help. At least just to give my dealer a rest cause I have been a pain.
The ebernet update went fine. On Zigbee its says offline. We have tried 4 times red 4. The reboot code all so. Could someone pls explain step by step?
Neil

#2 neildilgee

neildilgee

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

We are going to try and add it as a node device. It's busy reflashing now. Do you think this would work or is this a wrong step?
Neil

#3 neildilgee

neildilgee

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

We've got it online now and the sr250 showed that the firmware was updated. But its still showing "waiting for network"
Why do I feel so alone one this forum today?
Neil

#4 neildilgee

neildilgee

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

Got it. Thanks guys. What would I ever do without you.
Neil

#5 pharmdsmith

pharmdsmith

C4 Guru

• Control4 Dealer
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationAdams, TN

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

Glad it worked out, I don't know much about the zigbee pro update other then it's a tedious process.
Dealer for The SOHO Shop
www.thesohoshop.com
www.c4central.com
http://store.thesohoshop.com

#6 dgespo1437

dgespo1437

• c4Forums Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

What did you do to get it to go away?

#7 itsbmw

itsbmw

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

I upgraded to 1.8.2 today, same thing happened.. I made sure I had the channel written down for my original zigbee network.

Completed the update on the HC-300 and the SR-250. then all I got was waiting for network, so I removed both devices from my system design, then readded them, reidentified the HC-300, then reset up the zigbee server to the original settings. I was then able to identify the SR-250 and have it join the ZigBee pro network.. Then i refreshed my navigators, and voila!

I hope that made sense. And your dealer should have had documentation from the Composer Pro CD, I used that documentation to double check everything I was doing, it was a very thorough guide.

Edited by itsbmw, 29 March 2010 - 08:48 PM.

#8 baj7777

baj7777

• c4Forums Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:28 AM

I am not sure what happened tonight, but my SR-250 stopped working. It may have been a result of an inadvertent sequence of entries on the remote keypad, but the only message displayed now on the screen of the remote is "waiting for network." I read through the above posts on this topic, but I am a fairly new user of the Control4 system and I do not understand what worked for the above user or if his problem relates to mine.

#9 neildilgee

neildilgee

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

Try and reboot your controler.
Neil

#10 dgbrown

dgbrown

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

I am not sure what happened tonight, but my SR-250 stopped working. It may have been a result of an inadvertent sequence of entries on the remote keypad, but the only message displayed now on the screen of the remote is "waiting for network." I read through the above posts on this topic, but I am a fairly new user of the Control4 system and I do not understand what worked for the above user or if his problem relates to mine.

First thing to try is putting a fresh set of batteries in.

#11 baj7777

baj7777

• c4Forums Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

@ Neil - I had tried powering off the controller, but that didn't change things.

@dgbrown - I had removed/reinstalled the batteries, but couldn't imagine that they had enough power to flash "waiting for network" every 5 seconds and be incapable of operating the controller. I had left them out when nothing semed to work so as to not wear them down (further), but that was what was needed. 4 new batteries and the remote is again functioning as normal. Maybe that is why it is called Control4. Thank you.

Edited by baj7777, 06 April 2010 - 09:43 AM.

#12 dgbrown

dgbrown

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

^ Great ! Glad I could help.

#13 wingzz

wingzz

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:58 AM

I still have a similar issue with mine, I get the waiting for network sometimes, and other times I push buttons like skip for the tivo and nothing happens so I push the button a couple of times, still nothing await a bit and all of the buttons I pushed happen at once so then I get 3-4 skip commands in a row, no one has been able to come up with an answer yet

#14 DanH

DanH

Village Idiot

• c4Forums Member
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

I still have a similar issue with mine, I get the waiting for network sometimes, and other times I push buttons like skip for the tivo and nothing happens so I push the button a couple of times, still nothing await a bit and all of the buttons I pushed happen at once so then I get 3-4 skip commands in a row, no one has been able to come up with an answer yet

Buy an HC1000 V3 :D
Can Control4 really be done completely DIY? http://www.c4diy.com/

Dan - dan@c4diy.com

#15 Controlfouruserguy

Controlfouruserguy

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

But, before you do that, try installing a CA repeater in the room you are having this difficulty. I have done this with 100% success in areas you would think are saturated with Zigbee. It amazes me that the pros don't do a RF pattern characterization of their installs to ensure no come-backs related to this.

#16 dgbrown

dgbrown

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

With out knowing the density of your zigbee mesh - is there any chance you may have some interference ? Any cordless phones operating in the 2.4 ghz spectrum nearby ?

#17 wingzz

wingzz

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

thanks for the replies, I am sitting 9 feet from the HC300 and Media controller, no cordless phones in the theater at all, the only other things in the room are the receiver, projector, sony disk changer, Oppo BR player, so I dont think any of these components would cause interference, this just started to happen about 2 months ago, there have been no changes to the system for over a year, I have not been able to narrow down what it could be but it drives me nuts at times

#18 Controlfouruserguy

Controlfouruserguy

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

So, can I take it to mean that HC-300 in the Theater is running ZAP? In other words, is that the only controller in your project?

#19 wingzz

wingzz

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

So, can I take it to mean that HC-300 in the Theater is running ZAP? In other words, is that the only controller in your project?

the HC300 is running the Zigbee server, I do have a MC but only use it for the relays and contacts, and yes the HC300 is in the theater about 9 feet from where I sit

#20 DanH

DanH

Village Idiot

• c4Forums Member
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

In case you didn't pick up on it, I was joking with the HC1000 comment.
Can Control4 really be done completely DIY? http://www.c4diy.com/

Dan - dan@c4diy.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users